trauma, dates, and zombie

Grian’s Pov
“Hey birdy…” he opened his arms and I instantly fell into them, hugging him tightly as tears continued to flow down my face. “Shhhh” he rubbed comforting circles on my back and used his free hand to run it through my hair. “I don't get it… why did they leave…?” Scar knew I was talking about my parents. “Hey, they were idiots. They missed out on getting to raise such a beautiful soul. I love you, okay. Don't forget that.” I nodded and pulled him closer. “I love you too” I heard someone clear their throat, it was Impulse. “Sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment but I couldn't help but overhear.” he gave me a soft and sympathetic smile. I got off  Scar and wiped my eyes. “Sorry.” he shook his head and pulled me into a hug, a fatherly hug. “There's nothing for you to apologize for” he let go of me and smiled. “Thanks.”
We returned to the sleepover and Impulse and Scar didn’t bring any attention to what had just happened which I was thankful for.

The rest of the sleepover went on before my timer went off. I looked at it confused before realizing me and Scar had patrol tonight. “Shit” gem looked at me confused. “What's wrong?” “uhh, I forgot me and Scar had a date planned tonight!” Scar looked at me surprised, confused, and bright red. “We do?!” I glared at him. He checked his watch as the realization hit him too. “Oh yeah! Sorry.” Mumbo’s jaw had practically dropped to the floor. I hadn’t told him about me and Scar. “Thank you for inviting me though.” I helped him back into his wheelchair and we headed out the door. I flew him up to our usual building we patrolled from. We gazed down into the city.

Scar’s pov:

I thought back to his excuse for us to get away. We hadn’t even established what we are. “Hey grian, are we dating?” he turned his gaze to me, blushing, before shyly turning around. “Is that what you want?” I was about to reply  before thinking for a moment. I thought back to what he told me back at the cafe, about Taurtis. “Is it something you’re ready for?” He looked at me, slightly confused before the pieces in his head clicked and he realized what I was talking about. He smiled, it warmed my heart how truly in love he looked. I leaned in and gave him a hug. “Yes…” he said, his voice slightly muffled by my chest. I cupped his cheeks. We stared at each other for a solid minute before he nodded to my non-verbal question.

I pressed my lips gently against his. I was slightly shocked at how good it felt. My hands softly rested on his waist. His arms draped over my shoulder. We pulled away and stared at each other in shock. “Wow…” he smiled and hugged me. He looked up at me and smiled. “I love you” “I love you too”

Grian’s pov:

“Mumbo’s gonna freak when you get home G” I groaned. “I knowwwww. It was the first thing that came to my mind.” After a few hours passed it was time for me to head home. We said goodbye and he kissed me on the forehead. I changed back into my normal clothes and opened the door. “I’m home!” I could hear Mumbo’s bedroom door open and he walked out, greeting me. “So you gonna tell me when that happened?” I looked at him slightly confused. He pointed to my forehead. “I guess Scar was wearing chapstick or something” I raised an eyebrow and brought out my phone camera. My face flushed bright red as I noticed a faint kiss mark on my forehead. Mumbo sat down and motioned for me to sit next to him, I did as instructed. “So, tell me about him.” I rolled my eyes.

I knew he was gonna interrogate me about him. “Well, he’s very kind and caring. He’s a little dense," I laughed. “Quite flirty but he’s very careful about my boundaries which I appreciate. He has a cat, her name is Jellie.” He smiled. “He’s really good at art, especially landscapes.” I started rambling more about his personality and looks before mumbo placed a hand on my shoulder. “I get it grian. He sounds amazing. I’m glad he makes you happy" I smiled. He was about to say something before getting interrupted by a yawn. “I’ma head in for the night” I nodded and headed to my own room. I sat down at my desk. I looked at the papers in front of me. Cleo’s case was stumping me. What could’ve happened to her?