Dont Press Random Buttons

Grian’s pov:

This was a lot of information to process. I looked at the time. 8PM. Mumbo would think I've fallen asleep. I opened the window and jumped out without a second glance. My wings quickly caught air and sent me flying upwards. I made my way towards the address Cleo gave me. The light on the second floor room was on. Perching on the windowsill, I knocked on the window. No response but the voices inside quieted, mumbling to each other. I knocked again. The curtain was pushed aside revealing Tommy who screamed, also frightening me. I squawked in fright as I nearly fell off the edge.

He opened the window. “Grian?! What the fuck are you doing outside my window?!” I climbed in and shut the window behind me. “Language, and I'm here because I need to talk to Bdubs. He's here right?” Tommy nodded. A short boy with a moss colored blanket wrapped around him. “I’m Bdubs, why do you need to talk to me?” I sighed. “Your mom sent me” his eyes widened.

“Is she okay?!” I handed him the letter and the glow stick. “As far as I know, yes” he read over the letter before reaching for a clock and hesitantly handing it to me. I thanked him and started examining the clock. The back had a plate with a screw holding it in where I assumed the mechanics were held. “Tommy, do you have a small screw?” he was still in a confused daze. “Tommy” snapped back to reality and rushed out the room, returning with a tiny screwdriver.

I took it and unscrewed the tiny plate, revealing a small folded piece of paper shoved into the gears. Carefully, I pulled the paper out and unfolded it. It was another address. “Thank you.” I was about to fly off when Bdubs grabbed my arm, stopping me. “I’m coming with you,” he said sternly. I shook my head. “No, you’re too young. Besides, how do you expect to get there?”

Bdubs thought for a moment before turning to Tommy and smirking, earning a Smirk as well. I rolled my eyes and hopped out the window, taking flight. What I didn’t expect was Tommy to be holding Bdubs and flying right next to me. “Are you kidding?” I groaned. Tommy responded with a chuckle. I sighed and continued flying. Eventually we made it to the place, an old rundown barn? I landed at the front door, hesitant. Tommy however, barged straight in. I rushed in after him. “Wait! This place could be trapped!” He didn’t listen. I rolled my eyes and followed after him, Bdubs hot on my trail. In the corner of my eye something shiny sparkled.

“Ooo”

I immediately crouched down to it, it was a button. Bdubs and Tommy peered over my shoulder. “Maybe we shouldn’t press it,” Bdubs warned. It was too late, my finger had already pressed the button. “Whoops.” A hatch opened beneath us revealing a staircase. Tommy leaned a little too far and knocked the three of us over. My eyes widened and I instinctively wrapped my wings around the two as we tumbled down the staircase.

Eventually we hit the bottom with a loud THUMP. I let the two go and opened my eyes to be met with a crowd of people as equally surprised as me. I saw two familiar faces, Jimmy and Cleo. “Grian?!” Jimmy asked, clearly surprised and confused. Cleo pushed from the back and ran to Bdubs, enveloping him in a warm embrace. The one who seemed to be a German shepherd hybrid and had sunglasses on spoke up. “And who are you?” Cleo turned her attention to him. “Ren, this is Grian. He’s the one I told you about and the one I saw in my vision.”

Ren took my hand and helped me up before shaking it. “Pleasure to meet you.” Jimmy spoke up. “Grian, what are you doing here and how’d you even find this place?” I looked up at him. “Cleo left a clue in the files you gave me.” shit, he gave Cuteguy the files. His eyes widened even more. “You’re cuteguy?!”

“Surprise?” Everyone in the room seemed just as shocked. “You're telling me my history teacher is a superhero?!” he exclaimed. I lightly smacked the back of his head. “Tommy!” i chidded. He rolled his eyes.”Shall we sit him down?” Ren asked the others. Most nodded, others vocalized their agreement. I sat down in a chair as they ran me down through everything. I raised my hand to interrupt him. “Is it possible to bring my partner to join, i’m positive Hotguy would want to help with this cause” Ren looked at Doc and smiled. Doc sighed. “I suppose.” Ren turned to me and nodded. “Bring him friday.”