Ch:13-Blushing

Rudransh's Pov~

We've been playing for quite some time now when I noticed Sunita Aunty coming into the yard, but Aarvi wasn't with her.

"Bacchon, chalo sab log chal ke haath muh dho lo ache se. Khane ka time ho gaya hai," she instructed the kids, who slowly made their way towards the community wash area. The workers accompanied them.

"You guys too," she said to us. We nodded and followed suit.

Hardik and Akshat were the first to wash up, guiding the children to the dining hall. Ryan and I waited for all the kids to finish before our turn.

My phone rang, displaying Maa's call. I excused myself to answer.

"Rudransh, please bring some pain meds while returning. Naina just began her periods and the pain meds are over," Maa said.

"Okay, Mom. Do you need anything else for me to bring?" I asked.

"No. Enjoy your day and give my love and blessings to the kids there," she replied.

After bidding her goodbye, I returned to the wash area, finding it empty. Opening the tap, I realized there was no water. Aarvi's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Woh sab khane ke liye aapka wait kar rahe hain," she said softly, noticing the situation.

"Haan, main aa hi raha hoon but yeh paani hi nahi aa raha. Ab haath kaise dhoun?" I expressed my concern.

"Paani nahi aa raha?" She scrunched her eyebrows, trying the taps with no success.

"Accha, there must be a problem. You wait here," she said, disappearing into the kitchen and returning with a bowl of water. I washed my hands as she poured the water, her faint perfume lingering in the air.

Once done, I headed towards the hall, sitting beside Krish as Aarvi entered with workers carrying a container of sooji ka halwa, filling the room with its aroma. 

She served small portions on the  plates of kids and then asked Savita aunty to bring the plate if Prasad and collect all the workers. 

When everyone assembled. She took the plate which had only half Prasad and started giving everyone little. 

She turned towards us guys and came towards us . Ryan forwarded his hand first for the Prasad. 

" Why are the elders only getting this special dish ? Won't we get it? " Krish asked Aarvi . 

She smiled at him and bent down on her knees to explain to him.

" This special dish is Prasad dear from  the maha Pujan I went today to pray for your victory in the cultural competition at school." 

" Then why are we not getting it?"

" Krish did you notice this plate was only half full when I brought it . That's because your didi mixed more than half of the Prasad in your halwa making all the halwa as auspicious as Prasad. And the rest is for others. Other's should also get god's blessings, shouldn't they?" Sunita aunty explained to Krish. 

Krish nodded his head and kissed Aarvi's cheek making her chuckle. 

I was touched and very impressed by her thought process.

She got up and served Prasad to Akshat and Hardik. 

When it came to me, I noticed the plate was empty. "Aarvi?" I called her attention, realizing she hadn't taken any for herself.

She turned towards me and raised her eyebrow in question. 

" Umm you didn't take Prasad for yourself. The plate is already empty. " I said gesturing towards the empty plate .

She looked down at the empty plate and some emotion crossed her face . 

She shook her head and looked up as she replied," It's fine . I don't mind giving my share of blessing to these Little souls." 

But her eyes lacked the charm that I saw earlier and I also noticed her nose a little red as if she cried. 

The thought clenched my heart . Why did she cry ? 

She was about to go but my hand reached out to hold her wrist to stop her . 

She turned towards me with a startle looking at my face intently. 

I took my steps closer to her and said , " Every soul deserves a little blessing. Everyone." 

I emphasized on "everyone" as I took half of the Prasad from my palm and brought it near her lips. 

Her eyes held so many emotions at the moment along with a sheen. 

I signalled her towards the Prasad near her lips . She looked at my hand near her lips holding the Prasad . 

Slowly she opened her lips and ate the Prasad from my hand. Her lips touched my fingers in the process and a sensation ran through me at the contact . 

She must have felt something too because she quickly thanked me and went away from there towards the kids indulging with them. 

I looked at the Prasad I my other hand and the hand with which I just fed her . I took the Prasad and ate it my lips touching the same place her lips did . 

She noticed me doing that and tried her best to avoid any eye contact after that .

A smile crept onto my lips, knowing it would linger there.

Aarvi's Pov~

This guy is going to give me a heart attack, I just know it. How effortlessly he heightens my heartbeat with his actions.

I've never experienced these feelings before. Being around him makes me nervous and giddy simultaneously.

What are these symptoms called? Am I sick? Is this some medical condition?

Oh no, I need to get a checkup. I've read enough about anxiety and panic; the initial symptoms match mine.

But it's not that because whenever he's around, my heartbeat might race, but my heart feels a certain peace.

His eyes are like a tranquil refuge where anyone can lose themselves. Those dark, deep orbs capture my attention, beckoning me to get lost in them forever. They draw out all the emotions I've hidden behind a facade.

I recall what he said while giving the Prasad a few moments ago. He probably doesn't even realize, but he soothes a sore spot in my heart.

I glance at him, only to find him already looking at me. His eyes and his words will be my downfall someday.

I would love to know your opinions. Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter.