Ch:32-College fest[III]

Song: Raanjhanaa Ve

After a few moments, they finally broke the hug and turned to Aarvi.

" Where were you?" Tanya asked her.

" Aree I was in the storage room and it's door got stuck while I was inside. Somehow Rudransh heard my voice and opened the door from outside." Aarvi lied . She didn't want to worry their friends anymore than they already were so she lied.

" Khane chalein guys? Bahut bhookh lagi hai." Rudransh said diverting everyone's attention. Everyone nodded and they moved to the snacks stall to have something.

" Guys jaldi Khao sab abhi college ke band ka performance hai. I'm so excited for the musical performance." Sania said excitedly.

After eating they all made their way towards the backstage to wish the band all the best. But as they reached the backstage, they met with a chaotic situation. Everyone's face held worry and stress and the teacher was pacing to and fro with her hand on her head.

Aarvi and her group shared a look among themselves.

" What happened ma'am?" Hardik asked her making her half in her steps and look at them. All the band members also turned to look at them.

" There's a big problem Hardik. The band has  to perform in a few minutes and the lead singer and guitarist sent a text saying he won't be able to come because he's not feeling well. He cancelled at the last minute. Now where should I find a replacement and that too in just 5 minutes. Oh god." The teacher explained everything.

Worry clouded the faces of everyone present there . The band is the closing performance of the fest and everyone is already wait for the performance to begin. If they cancel last minute then the whole hardwork put in the fest would be spoiled.

Tanya and Dev's fell on Aarvi . They knew that Aarvi was a very good singer and a guitarist too. They shared a look and then looked at the teacher.

" Ma'am we have someone who can take up the empty place," Tanya said catching everyone's attention.

" Who?" The teacher asked with  hopeful eyes.

Tanya looked at Hardik and upon his nod , the turned to the teacher.

" Aarvi," they both said in unison shocking Aarvi who was standing a little behind.

The group parted as the teacher and the band looked at Aarvi .
Aarvi looked around  perplexed. Singing alone or infront of friends was one thing but singing infront of so many people is different and just thinking about it made Aarvi freeze at her spot.

" Please dear , will you take the position in the band?" The teacher requested her and the whole band followed suit requesting her.

Aarvi felt nervousness creeping across her whole body freezing her but then she felt a warmth enveloping her hand. She looked up at Rudransh who  was already looking at her .

" I know you can do it , tulip." He wishpered just for her. Aarvi closed her eyes taking up the courage and warmth from him .

It was a scary decision for her but she also knew that her college needed her.

"Go princess. We know you can do it." Her father's voice filtered through her senses as she peeled her eyes open.

She looked at everyone in the room and then nodded making everyone sigh in relief.

All her friends wished her and the band all the best and moved into the audience patiently waiting for the performance to start.

"Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed faculty members, and beloved students, may I have your attention please?" The announcer's voice boomed over the chatter of the crowd, commanding attention with its authoritative yet inviting tone. "Tonight, we are thrilled to present to you a musical extravaganza like no other. Get ready to be swept away on a journey of rhythm and melody as we showcase the extraordinary talent of our college band. So sit back, relax, and let the music transport you to a realm of pure bliss and euphoria," the announcer concluded, his voice tinged with excitement. "Without further ado, let the show begin!"