Ch:33-Turn of events

" Rudransh!!"
As Naina's voice cut through his reverie, Rudransh snapped back to the present, his thoughts momentarily tethered to Aarvi.

"Hmm?" He responded absentmindedly, his mind still lingering on memories.

"Where are you lost? I called you twice yet you didn't listen." Naina inquired, breaking the silence that enveloped him.

"Nowhere," he mumbled, shaking his head slightly, trying to dispel the remnants of his thoughts.

The sound of snickering behind him drew his attention, and he turned to find Hardik, Ryan, and Akshat, accompanied by his grandparents, sharing a moment of amusement at his expense.

A flush crept up his cheeks as he inwardly cursed his inability to hide his emotions.

"You're down bad in her love, bro," Ryan chuckled, playfully patting him on the back as he took a seat beside him at the dining table, the others following suit.

Rudransh shot him a glare, but before he could retort, his grandmother intervened. "Hey, enough! Don't trouble my grandson," she scolded the boys, her tone firm yet affectionate.

His smirk faded as his grandfather joined in, curiosity piqued. "By the way, what's the name of that guitar girl, Rudi?"

Rudransh's hand slipped from the table at the unexpected question, his eyes widening in disbelief as he turned to face his laughing grandparents.

"Don't look so surprised. We saw how you cheered for her and those intense eye contacts during her performance," his grandfather teased, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Leaning closer, his grandmother whispered softly, "She's the one, isn't she?"

Rudransh's cheeks flushed even deeper as he averted his gaze, a shy smile tugging at his lips as he nodded in confirmation, unable to meet their knowing stares.

"Oh, look at him blushing!" Hardik exclaimed teasingly, earning a playful shove from Ryan.

"See, I knew it! So, what's her name?" his grandfather pressed again, his curiosity unyielding.

"Aarvi!" Hardik, Ryan, and Akshat chimed in unison, their voices eager and animated.

" Who's Aarvi?" Sarika asked coming into the dining room. Everyone's eyes widened as they shared a look with each other.

" Areee that girl who sang in the last band performance of the college fest . I was just asking her name ."

Thankfully, his grandmother smoothly defused the situation with a quick explanation, and the atmosphere relaxed once more.

"Ohh... Yes that girl . She was so good.  I loved her performance."
As Sarika expressed her admiration for Aarvi's performance, Rudransh couldn't help but feel a swell of pride at the mention of his Aarvi, though he concealed it behind a composed façade.

After lunch, everyone went to their respective rooms as Rudransh was about to get up daadu called his name grabbing his attention.

" Humein kab Mila rha hai usse?"

" Kya daadu aap bhi !!! " Saying so he rushed up towards his room with tinted cheeks as his grandparents burst out laughing.

𝄞

The morning sky was lightly rumbling indicating that the rain may start soon. The wind picked up speed complementary to the weather.

As Aarvi made her way to the college from the bookshop, the scent of freshly printed pages still lingering in her mind, she turned the corner onto a dark street. The sound of her footsteps echoed off the pavement, creating a rhythmic pattern in the quiet night.