13

Everyone besides Alastor sat at the table in awkward silence, eating steak and grilled potatoes. Lucifer was not going to cook a whole deer just for some creepy cannibal dude he didn't like. So Alastor is in his own room right now. He stared across the table at Adam and Lute. Earlier he'd caught them looking in the lost and found. He tried to act all tough but in reality he had a bunch going on in his head like,

'Why are they here?' 'I thought Adam died.' and 'It was only a matter of time before they ended up falling anyways.'

"Soo... I'm sure everyone may be wondering who these two are?" He was snapped out of his thoughts by Charlie speaking up.

"We know who they are, but why are they here?" The tall spider demon asked in his weird little accent.

"They're on a path to forgiveness!" Charlie said excitedly as everyone at the table looked at her in disbelief.

"Look, Princess. You've had great ideas sometimes. But this has gotta be the worst one." The cat with wings stated, covering his face with a hand. He doesn't remember anyone's name. He only remembers Maggie and Alastor because they've talked to him the most. He'll figure it out, though.

"Are you saying we're useless?" Adam asked.

"Don't put words into my mouth."

"No, because that's basically what you just said."

"Sir-" Lute started but was cut off by Adam dropping his fork and getting up from his seat.

"Fuck all of you! I don't want to be here anyways." He stormed away, Lute following behind him as everybody watched them leave, then turned back to Charlie.

"...As long as we don't enable them it should work..?" Everybody groaned. Lucifer patted Charlie's back.

"It's okay sweetie, I support your decision." That was half true. Adam and Lute aren't the best of people and it's gonna be a long way before they redeem themselves. Whether they're trying to get to heaven or just earn forgiveness. He figured he'll try to speak to them tomorrow. Or just Adam, because Lute doesn't seem to be that big of an issue.

----

Adam unlocked the room him and Lute were staying in with the keycard Charlie had given him earlier when they sat at the dining table. He pushed the door open and flopped onto the bed face first, groaning. He could hear the door shut behind him and footsteps walking up to him.

"Lute, I don't want to stay here." He said, lifting his head up to look at Lute.

"There's no other choice, Adam. We're lucky enough that Lucifer and Lilith's little spawn is letting us stay here in the first place. There's nowhere else to go without getting fucked over." She sighed, sitting on the other edge of the bed. Adam frowned, crawling over the bed to sit on the other edge with her.

Well. She's right.

He's been told the same thing about 3 times since they arrived in hell. Why is he so far into denial? They sat there for a moment, staring at the floor before Adam spoke up, yawning.

"Let's sleep. I'm hella tired." Lute nodded.

"We should wear some of those clothes we got in the lost and found to sleep in, I brought them with me." She responded, showing him the clothes on her lap. He picked them up from her lap and put them on the bed, looking through the small pile and picking out a dark blue t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Lute said she'd change in the bedroom, so Adam went to change in the connected bathroom. He shut the door, looking around the room.