22

The two of them eventually got themselves under the covers and laid down together to gather themselves. Wondering, "what the hell just happened?" but neither of them were complaining. Adam, after a while, sat up and grabbed his cigarette pack and lighter from the bedside drawer next to him and took a cigarette out the box, holding it in his mouth while he lit it.

Lucifer continued laying down for a second, before eventually sitting up with Adam and watching him light the cigarette. Seemingly waiting for his turn? Adam puffed out a cloud of smoke before turning to Luci. He got the hint and passed the cigarette to him, to which Luci quickly accepted.

Adam sighed and leaned his head back against the headboard. He felt Luci poke his cheek with his finger and he slightly tilted his head down towards the other to show he was paying attention.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Luci asked as Adam smiled and playfully smacked his hand away.

"Ah, fuck, it's nothing. Just had an epiphany"

"Wow, didn't even know you were educated enough to know that word. But you didn't use it right."

"What? Yuh huh." Adam responded quickly.

"Yeah, sure. What was your 'epiphany'?" Adam rolled his eyes.

"I dunno. I guess I'm just finally understanding why Eve went to you for sex." Upon hearing that sentence, Luci apparently choked on the smoke, going into a coughing fit. Adam took the cigarette away from him, concerned. "Dude, you okay?"

"Ye- (cough-) Yeah. Just caught me off guard. Uhm, you knew about that?"

"About what?"

"Me and Eve having sex? Use your brain Adam."

"Well, duh. Otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning it. Didn't you say it when we were fighting?" Adam said.

"Yeah, but I was kidding!" Luci defended.

"Uhm, nuh uh because I saw it with my own two human eyes." Luci looked confused and petrified at the same time. "Uhh I'm guessing that's new information?"

"YES. IT IS. I didn't know you saw that!"

"Well it doesn't really matter. She probably had her reasons. That I don't wanna know about so don't tell me."

"Wha- it does matter! Ugh, You know what. Okay. From now on, we tell each other the truth. And we can't hide anything from each other."

"That's a lot of dedication. I can't promise that."

"Adam."

"Okay, fine! How 'bout I just tell you my whole life story while I'm at it? Damn." Adam crossed his arm under his other arms elbow, while he blew out another puff of smoke. Luci snatched the cigarette from Adam's hand (carefully so he wouldn't accidentally burn himself). Adam immediately snapped his head towards the shorter man.

"Hey!-"

"I wasn't done with this." Luci cuts him off and Adam crosses both his arms, laying back down. Soon enough, they both ended up falling asleep holding each other.

----

Adam woke up with yet again, a pretty bad headache. Not too bad because he didn't drink a lot last night. But he obviously drank enough to freak out internally for a few seconds when he woke up to Lucifer next to him. He had momentarily forgotten entirely what happened last night but while trying to remember, everything came flooding back to him. He felt his face flush.