Chap 14 - Unexpected

Sorry for late guys, here you go....
Double update for my lovely readers who give me their precious time.....

Happy Reading Time Cupcakes!

Author's pov

Alisha first looked at the gift box which Ahaan gave her and then looked at Ahaan. What she was feeling currently couldn't be explained in words accurately.

Ahaan had gifted her a very beautiful candle holder which was in heart shape and inside the heart there was the sculpture of a mother and daughter . Although it was not very expensive for her but it still had the power to make Alisha feel overwhelmed.

Alisha had never seen her mother in person neither she felt that bad because her father and brother never let her feel like that but if she would say that she never missed her then she would be a lier. She did miss her very much.

The sculpture was indeed very pretty, the way it was designed

The sculpture was indeed very pretty, the way it was designed. She felt very delighted just by seeing it. She was busy admiring the beuty of that gift when Ahaan's voiced which was filled with uncertainty and a amount of hesitation reached her ears in result breaking her trance.

"What happened, you didn't like it?" He asked hesitantly. Alisha looked at him with admiration, she placed the gift on the table and suddenly hugged Ahaan very tightly. Ahaan was standing there shocked unable to comprehend what just happened when she mumbled slowly, "I just loved it. This is my best gift till the date."

Listening to her, Ahaan let out huge sigh in satisfaction. Only Ahaan knew how much he had to use his brain to decide what to gift her. She was rich, she had everything, what could he gift her? That thought was enough to snatch his peace.

But because she gifted him something, he too have to gift her something out of courtesy, atleast that was what his parents taught him. He kept thinking what could he give her under his budget which she would atleast like and then something triggered his mind. She talked about her mother that she lost her and never saw her, so he decided to purchase that for her.

Ahaan was still standing in the same position, Alisha was still hugging him. Ahaan was feeling anxious with the proximity of him and her. He slowly pulled himself from the hug forcing a fake smile on his out of nervousness.

Alisha too backed off from him and thanked him again for the gift. "I didn't know what to gift you, you have everything. I wanted to give you something precious so I bought it for you. I know it can't fulfill the place of your mother but it will be a memory" he said smiling in nervousness.

"I hope it illuminates the light of wisdom in your life so that you don't loss the track of righteous path again." he mumbled slowly under his breath but it was hearable to Alisha.

Ahaan was still standing there in nervousness, he lifted his wrist to see the time in his watch. Ahaan suddenly got more anxious and said, "I've to leave now, it's late already. My family must be waiting for me." Ahaan finished with a gentle smile and rushed out of the restaurant without listening anything further.