Chap 21 - Proposal for Ahaan

This is to inform you that I, from now on, will be giving updates on Sundays, once in a week, due to my studies schedule...

Hope you guys will understand my business and keep supporting me!

Happy Reading time...!

Author's pov

At Ahaan's home, everyone was gathered at dining hall as it was dinner time. Ahaan too came there unwillingly and sat on the chair, still in daze because of whatever happened till now.

Ahaan wasn't looking normal like any other day and every member of the family noticed it. But nobody said anything to Ahaan regarding that as the family thought that he is not well or maybe it is some work stress and kept mum.

Naman was carefully watching his son's expressions when suddenly he spoke out of nowhere, "You know what, my old and very good friend Bhaskar called me today."

Everybody's focus was shifted to Naman by now. Karuna asked with excitement, "Bhaskar bhaiya, after such a long time! What he talked about?"

Naman smiled softly and said, "He is a well established lawyer currently and his only daughter Bani too followed his footsteps and is now a lawyer."

Karuna, who was listening to Naman very keenly, suddenly said, "Oh really, Bani, she too became a lawyer. She was such a cute and sweet girl."

Naman too smiled in response and said, "Yes, she was cute and sweet in childhood but now she became pretty too and you know what Bhaskar said further?"

Karuna nodded her head in denial and excitement could be seen in her eyes clearly and Naman noticed it too.

He turned towards Ahaan and said smiling mischievously, "He wants our Ahaan's hand in marriage for his daughter Bani."

Ahaan who was eating food very silently by now gasped and looked at his father with shocked expressions. Everybody was as shocked as Ahaan and now centre of attraction was him.

He almost chocked the food which he didn't gulped down till now and asked with difficulty, "Marriage, now? Ain't I too young for it?"

Naman looked at him lovingly and replied, "Nobody is forcing you beta, everything will happen with your choice only. And as far as about age, we will only get you two engaged like we did with Kriya, you can get married whenever you want."

Ahaan looked at his father thoughtfully. He knew that his father can never think anything bad for him but how could he tell him that not just he broke his own heart but the trust too which his father gave him with all hopes.

He wanted to tell him all, everything which happened with him, everything which didn't deserved but got anyways but guess what, he couldn't, he couldn't tell him anything.

He was still in his trail of thoughts when his father voice rang in his ears and his focus again shifted to him.

"You can take your time Ahaan. Nobody will force you beta, just think wisely once and I assure you, last decision will be yours only. Okay!" Naman said.

Ahaan nodded his head in acknowledgement slightly and waking up slowly from the chair, he went to his room and laid on the bed, that's what he did all the day, lying on the bed.

He was thinking about everything which happened with him since the beginning, everything was playing in front of his eyes like a reel. He took a deep sigh, he knew his father would never force him for anything but he saw the hope in his eyes and didn't want to shatter that. He broke his trust but didn't want to break his hope too just like that.