34. The Heart's Burdern.

K R I S H A V'S   P O V

As I step out of my car, the sight before me takes my breath away. The palace is beautifully decorated, with lights twinkling against the evening sky, creating a magical atmosphere. 

The cool breeze of the evening adds to the enchantment, and I feel a surge of excitement. I am about to meet her for the first time again, and my heart races with anticipation. 

I know she has achieved her goal, and I am so proud of her because she did it—she became CA Jeeva Chauhan.

Walking into the palace, I immediately notice the lively chatter and laughter filling the air. 

My eyes first land on Aditi and Dev, seated on a sofa amidst everyone. 

Despite the crowd, they are lost in each other, a soft smile playing on their lips. I can't help but smile at their love.

But my eyes continue searching, yearning for the sight of the one who makes my heart beat faster. 

I scan the area, and then I see her. It feels like the world stops for a moment. 

There she is, looking like an angel, her maroon suit flowing gracefully around her. 

She is smiling sweetly, and that smile—oh, how I've longed to see that smile.

Her eyes, sparkling but with a hint of paleness, captivate me. 

Her face is glowing, and I remember how I used to watch her through the CCTV cameras in her office, but seeing her in person is a feeling I can't describe. 

Her lips, those soft, plump lips, move in a rhythmic dance as she talks. I gulp, feeling my heart swell with emotions I've never felt before.

She glances at her phone as it rings, excusing herself from Sourav and turning to walk away. Sourav calls out, "Arey, Krishav bhai aa gaye!" 

My heart skips a beat, pounding at an inhuman pace. I hope she will turn around and look at me, but she keeps walking, and a sharp pang of disappointment hits me. 

Maybe she didn't hear him.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely register the sound of footsteps running towards me. 

Suddenly, I'm engulfed in a tight hug. It's Dev, his exuberance breaking through my reverie.

"Kaisa hai, bhai?" Dev asks, his voice filled with genuine warmth.

(How are you, brother?)

"Abhi tak toh theek tha, par ab lagta hai behtar ho jaunga," I reply, glancing in the direction where Jeeva went. 

(Till now I was fine, but now it seems I will get better.)

Dev chuckles, understanding the unspoken emotions in my words.

As Dev pulls away, his mother comes over, placing her hands on my cheeks lovingly.

 "Kitna bada ho gaya hai hamara Krishav," she says, her voice thick with affection.

(How big our Krishav has grown.)

I smile and hug her. "Aap toh abhi bhi utni hi young lag rahi hain, aunty," I say, making everyone around us chuckle.

(You still look so young, aunty.)

She hits me playfully on the cheek. "Badmaash!"  she says, her eyes twinkling.

(punk.)

Dev's father walks over, asking, "How's my champ?"

I give him a fist bump and reply, "I'm fine, uncle."