Event #26: Tied Together(Mei Birthday Special)

Okay I lied. THIS will be the last thing I write before April 15th.

Figured that since I had done a special for Kiana on her birthday, that I'd do one for Mei as well so I hope y'all enjoy.

Just as a heads-up, this takes place during APHO so eight years later.

I continue to pray that the WattPad gods spare me come Judgment Day. 🙏

--------------------------------------------------------

"You sure about this?"

"Yeah. I am."

"I hope you realize what you'll be getting into. There's no turning back after this."

"I know. I understand."

The scene was Raven's bar was quiet and peaceful per usual as currently it was just Alex sitting on a stool near the counter as Raven was preparing him a light drink.

The reason for the boy's visit was because he needed to confirm something extremely important with her before he went through with it.

After a bit, Raven had finished Alex's drink as she placed it before him.

"Well just know that whatever you do, you'll have my full support no matter what." She said.

Alex took the drink and quickly finished before having a deep sigh to himself as he got up, paid the tab and went to the door to leave.

Right as he opened it, he heard Raven call out to him.

"Hey kid. One last thing." She said as Alex looked back.

"What's up?"

"You grew up quite nicely. I'm proud of you." She said with a smile.

Alex was a little shocked and remained silent for a bit before chuckling.

"Thank you, Sensei. That means a lot." Said the boy as he left the bar and made his way over to where he had to go.

[Location: St. Freya High]

Today's school day was drawing to a close as Mei's students Adam and Carole had wanted to use the training area to get a few minutes of practice in and after much insistence, Mei had finally agreed as she currently watched the two taking down the training mechs one by one while offering advice whenever she could.

While watching the two, her sight slowly drifted off to Adam, more specifically the sword he was wielding.

Labor of Olympus.

Once Alex's sword which he had passed down onto Adam after they had prevented Project Stigma eight years ago and right when Adam had just been accepted into St. Freya as Alex handed it to him as a gift and keeping the promise the two had made years ago.

Whenever Mei saw this sword on action, she'd always get flashbacks to when Alex was wielding that sword, remembering those moments fondly.

'Simpler times those were. Gosh, maybe this is what Himeko felt like back then. I'm probably old enough to be someone's aunt.' She thought before receiving a tap on the shoulder as she turned to see Alex.

"Oh, hey. Glad to see that you're back." Said Mei.

"I see the kids are getting some work in. How're they holding up?" Asked Alex.

"They're getting better and better every day."

"That's good to hear."

The two would continue to watch as Adam and Carole would complete the training sim with ease, giving one another a high five.