You see him as a son

Shota sat in a comfortable gray sofa chair, hands folded and eyes wandering. The counsellors new office was small but cosy, only having a sturdy wooden desk, a bookcase, two chairs, a large plant and on the dark wooden floor, a white plush carpet. 

There were, however, lots and lots of pillows, tissue boxes, and fluffy blankets. The walls were a calm blue colour with beige curtains on the windows.

The room was dimly lit by the morning sun peeking in from the half-closed curtains. Shadows coming from the trees swaying in the wind outside danced on the back wall, only disappearing when Inui-san leaned closer to Aizawa. He clicked the end of his red pen.

" I'm glad you decided to come and talk to me today."

" Felt it necessary. I believe myself to be more affected than I thought I would be." His eyes closed.

" Have you been getting any sleep? What about food?"

" You know me. Sleep really isn't my thing. Zashi has been making sure I eat."

" And your caffeine consumption?"

" ...They took my personal coffee maker away and I can't for the life of me find it. I'm now only allowed three cups in the morning and two in the evening. One extra if it's a holiday or Sunday."

" Sounds like, well, something. Okay, should we start from the beginning then? You were the one who found Izuku. Tell me what happened."

" Yes, I was informed that there had been concerning noises coming from his room. I went there and tried knocking. He, of course, was unresponsive. So I used the master key..."

" Alright. What did you see then?"

" At first, I didn't see anything. The light that had been on was, at some point, knocked over and it broke. I searched for a switch for the ceiling light and when- The moment the light came on I- Ugh, why is this so hard?" He took a deep breath.

" There was a mess. My mind registered the papers, the books, the clothes, but the only thing I could see was the blood. It was like some sort of twisted hide and seek game where, no matter where I looked, there it was. The light made it glitter. I mean, you saw it, so you know what I'm talking about."

" When you saw that, what did you believe had happened."

" I truly believed, even if just for a second, that the League had broken in and killed him. That I had let another student be taken."

" But that wasn't the case."

" No it wasn't. I heard water running and when I turned, I saw Izuku standing next to the tub, swaying. His arm was inside the bath and when I touched it, it was freezing. It sounds, silly, but at that moment I was convinced that he was dead."

He took a deep breath, trying to relive the experience.

" His skin was pale, and he was so, so cold. But he was still breathing... I just took him in my arms and ran. I have handled jumpers and hostage situations, I have fought countless criminals and saved even more civilians. But I have never felt fear like this. It truly felt like time was against me, like there was an invisible counter going down fast." Aizawa rubbed his eyes as he finished.