EP.27

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

enjoy my babies 🥰🥰

ZAHRA AIDA JACKSON [NEÉ AHMED]
FOREST GATE, CHICAGO

"Are you and daddy back together?" Taylor asked as I brushed her hair back,

"Girl stay still," I said trying to put her bow straight, "You sat in the car and all of a sudden, you look like I didn't dress you this morning,"

"Sorry," She blushed. "So yes or no? I need to know where I'm going to live,"

"With me like it's always going to be," I said simply. "Your dad doesn't need this today so don't talk about it,"

"Hm," Taylor nodded,

"Y'all are still fussing out here?" Truth stood by the car,

"No we're ready now," I said smoothing my dress out. I took Tahari out of his car seat and held him in my arms.

"You look good," He held his hand out for me,

"Thanks babe," I smiled fixing Tahari on my arm, taking Truth's hand.

Taylor and Tahj walked ahead, Tahj trying his best to get away.

"You're my greatest achievement, you and our family," He said as we walked into the church. "I just want you to know that,"

"What's wrong Lucky?" I turned to him in confusion. Maybe all the grieve had him feeling sentimental.

"I'm just grateful for you," He held my hand tighter.

"I'm grateful for you too," I spoke rubbing his arm. "Do you want to go and see your mom before we find our seats?"

"No let's sit," Truth pulled me into the direction of the seats reserved for the family.

I gave onlookers a pleasant smile and stuck by my husband's side, as I was meant to.

Once the service started, Truth stiffened up.

"You're okay," I rubbed his arm, intertwining our fingers. He kissed my hand and held it in his lap, while various people paid tribute to his father.

Hope was a few seats down from us, her eyes red and puffy.

I felt bad for her, she must feel so isolated especially when Lucky has been distancing himself from their entire family.

"Lucky," I touched his hand when it was his turn to speak. He looked at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before he stood up.

Seeing him like this was terrible. I could see him having an inner battle with himself, trying to stay in the moment while he was being tugged down by his thoughts.

I looked to my left and saw his brother staring at me so I looked away quickly.

His family were weird and I could see that they wanted us to have issues.