01

"Jiyeon, let's go watch basketball game after school today! The opponent team's captain is every girl's dream they say." Seoyeon whispered the last part.

"Really? Since it's weekend tomorrow, sure!" Jiyeon replied while taking out her book from the locker.

"See you after school then! Let's meet here later." Seoyeon spoke before making her way towards her classroom.

********************

"Ahh it's packed!" Seoyeon complained while dragging Jiyeon along, trying to free themselves from the crowd.

They settled down once they found a space that fit both of them despite having to cram themselves between people.

Throughout the 2-hours long game, they just silently watched the game since they had zero knowledge regarding the basketball game.

Although Seoyeon mentioned about the basketball captain this morning, they both knew that it was a joke since they both were not really fond of boys.

It was already the time to announce the winners for the round. The court was filled with silence as everyone was anticipating for the results. Jiyeon and Seoyeon held each other's hand, ignoring their sweating palms due to nervousness. Although they understood nothing, of course they were cheering for their school's team and wanted them to win.

"Seocho High School!" The court was now filled with cheers from the right side of the bleachers, indicating that the students of Seocho were celebrating the win including the two girls.

"And the MVP for this round is Sim Jake!" The announcer spoke to the mic, followed by applauses from everyone in the hall and squeals from the fangirls.

"Oh, he's my classmate." Seoyeon spoke, nudging her friend's arm, causing Jiyeon to turn around, taking a look at the guy mentioned earlier.

Jiyeon's world stopped, her attention only focused at the said guy, as if he was the only person that was present in the court at that moment.

"What was his name again?" She asked, eyes never leaving his figure.

"Jake. Sim Jake. He is from my class." Seoyeon repeated her words. 

As she was busy packing her stuff, getting ready to leave the court, she failed to notice her friend who was already being whipped by the guy.

Upon hearing no response from her friend, Seoyeon raised her head to look at her 'still-standing' friend.

"Why are you still-" When she realised that Jiyeon was looking at something, she also turned her head towards that direction.

The players were gathering at the center of the court, so she was unsure to which person her friend was looking at.

She gasped before slightly knocked Jiyeon's head using her knuckle. "Tell me, which guy had succeeded in gaining your attention?!"

Jiyeon got back to her sense, widening her eyes. She quickly collected her stuff before walking down the stairs, making her way towards the exit, not forgetting to drag her nosy friend along.

"Hey, I'm asking you!"

"Shh! Not right now, you're being so loud!" Jiyeon spoke, half-whispered while repeatedly slapping Seoyeon's arm.

"You better tell me when you got home, Jiyeon." Seoyeon protested.

"Alright, alright. My driver's here, see you on Monday!" Jiyeon quickly ran towards the school gate, bidding goodbye to her friend.

********************

"So, it's Jake." Seoyeon spoke through the phone call.

"Yeah, I don't know. He just stood there, but in my eyes, he was looking so damn attractive, Seoyeon. You don't understand!" Jiyeon yapped.

"But it won't be easy though." Seoyeon replied, shrugging her shoulders although Jiyeon on the other side of the line couldn't see her.

"Why?" Jiyeon questioned.

"Tsk, you thought you're the only one? Every single day, there will be different girls from every grade coming to our class to give him letters, gifts or take picture with him." Seoyeon rolled her eyes, imagining what her classmates need to experience every day.

"He must like those attentions." Jiyeon replied, sighing.

"I don't think so. He always rejects their requests to take photo with him. About the gifts, he always gives them to his friends."

"What? That's really mean!" Jiyeon answered in disbelief.

"Not really. He rejected them politely. No wonder they keep on coming back to him I guess."

"Do you think I also don't stand a chance?" Jiyeon asked, already feeling discouraged.

"If you try anyone else, 100% they will accept you. But when it comes to Jake, I can't guarantee even if you try the hardest."

"But everyone around me says that I'm pretty though?" Jiyeon protested.

"Jiyeon, honey, you are not pretty, you are majestic! You don't need anyone telling you that. Have you counted the amount of confessions you've received since our first grade?" Seoyeon responded, reassuring her friend.

"But it's Jake. He's the same level as you, I would say." She added.

"I'll take that into consideration." Jiyeon replied hesitantly, clearly unsure of what to do next.

"I'm not really looking forward seeing you in front of my class looking for that guy after our conversation tonight." Seoyeon reminded her friend.

"Alright, alright. I have to go for dinner soon. See you tomorrow morning. Let's walk together!" Jiyeon spoke.

"You're going to walk tomorrow? Nice! Bye-" Seoyeon was about to end the call when Jiyeon suddenly spoke on the line.

"Seoyeon, wait!"

"Hm?" She patiently waited for her friend to continue talking.

"What does Jake like?"

"Jiyeon!"

********************

"Let's stop by the bakery. I forgot to have my breakfast this morning." Jiyeon spoke, pointing at the bakery not too far from them.

Seoyeon furrowed her eyebrows, weirded by her friend's behaviour.

"Since when did you care about having breakfast?" She questioned.

"Hey, what do you mean? I always eat breakfast." Jiyeon replied, ignoring the fact that her bestfriend of 10 years knew her better than everyone else.

"Come on, it's still early!" Jiyeon spoke, dragging her friend inside the shop.

"Why are you buying a lot? You're not going to give them to Jake, right?" Seoyeon asked, raising her eyebrows, looking at the plastic bags in her friend's grip.

"What are you talking about? They're also for my lunch." Jiyeon replied, nudging her confused friend's arm.

********************

Upon arriving at the hallway, Seoyeon bid her goodbye, making her way towards her classroom.

"Seoyeon!" Jiyeon held her friend's wrist, stopping her from walking further, causing the latter to raise her eyebrows.

She extended her arm that was holding one of the plastic bags that she got from the bakery in front of her friend.

"Help me, please."

--------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote please!

Love, Nia♡