20

Over the weekend, Jiyeon called Seoyeon over to her house as she thought that they needed some catch up after a hectic schedule on the weekdays.

"Joonyoung confessed to me." Jiyeon broke the news to Seoyeon.

The guy had been approaching Jiyeon a lot since their first encounter. Even the most stupid people in the world could tell that he had his eyes on the girl.

"I actually can tell." Seoyeon spoke.

"He always looked at you in the most endearing way." She added.

"I'm so sorry Seoyeon. I never want things to turn out like this." Jiyeon sighed, pouting while side-hugging her friend.

"Hey, why are you apologising! It's not your fault!" Seoyeon replied, hitting her friend's arm.

"Plus, my feelings for him was not that serious hehe." She added.

"Don't lie! You are head over heels in love with him." Jiyeon fought back.

"Forget about him. Let's watch a movie, let me pick!" Jiyeon suggested before taking the remote from her bed.

Seoyeon on the other hand, was still deep in her thoughts.

"Jiyeon."

"Hm?"

"Don't you want to give a chance to Joonyoung?" Seoyeon asked, causing Jiyeon to give a confused look at her.

"I think it's time for you to open your heart to someone new. Jake is just your past." She added.

Jiyeon scoffed in disbelief, turning her body to completely face her friend, trying to read what nonsense she was trying to imply.

"What are you trying to say? You like Joonyoung, Seoyeon. Why are you pushing him to me?" Jiyeon asked, furrowing her eyebrows, trying her best not to raise her voice.

She had her fists clenched, attempting not to snap at her bestfriend as she wouldn't want to face the consequences later.

"Don't mind me. I just want the best for yo-" Seoyeon was about to finish her sentence when Jiyeon interrupted her.

"Why shouldn't I care about your feelings? You're my bestfriend, Seoyeon!" She couldn't help it anymore.

"You kept on giving me the same reason over and over again. It's not only this time. You always say that you want the best for me because I already helped you a lot." Jiyeon stated.

"You know what, Seoyeon? I actually can't remember a single thing I did for you! It was always you who always gave in to me!" She added.

"How come you never think about yourself, Seoyeon? Are you some kind of pushover?" Jiyeon abruptly asked, causing Seoyeon to widen her eyes.

"Did you just seriously say that to me?" Seoyeon took her turn to speak. She stared directly into her friend's eyes, couldn't believe the words that came out from her mouth.

"You heard me. I've never wanted a friendship where we couldn't equally give and take." Jiyeon responded.

"Let's stop then." Seoyeon replied short, causing Jiyeon to furrow her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Let's stop this friendship. You said you didn't need it." Seoyeon responded with a poker face.

"I didn't mean it like tha-" Jiyeon was about to explain when Seoyeon turned around and left the room, going back to her house of course.

Jiyeon just scoffed in disbelief, running her fingers through her hair.