09

"Do you like Jiyeon?" Sunghoon asked his friend, causing Jay to turn his head to look at Jake as well, interested in the topic.

Jake raised his eyebrows upon hearing his friend's question, taking his time to think.

"I don't like her like that. She's a nice friend to be with." He then replied.

"Ouch, she'll get heartbroken if she heard this. You know how much she likes you." Sunghoon responded, touching his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"Stop the nonsense." Jake replied, chuckling.

"Then I think you don't mind seeing those boys checking your girl out." Jay spoke, pointing at the group of boys who were currently looking at Jiyeon and Seoyeon's direction while talking to themselves.

They were the students from another school who were participating in the basketball match this afternoon.

The students of Seocho High School have gathered in the court, waiting for the game to begin, including Jiyeon and Seoyeon.

Jake gritted his teeth, glancing at them as if he wanted to burn holes in the back of their heads using his eyes.

"Look at that, look at that." Sunghoon and Jay snickered upon seeing their friend's behaviour.

"Shut up. The game is about to start. I have to go." Jake spoke, getting up from the bench, clearly annoyed by what he saw earlier.

On his way to his teammates, he purposely walked in front of the area where Jiyeon sat, wishing to grab her attention.

As he wished, the girl was also looking at him as he walked. She mouthed him a 'goodluck' and he chuckled in return, failed to hide his contentment.

Seoyeon scoffed, nudging her friend's arm.

"You guys seriously looked like lovers just now."

"What are you talking about?" Jiyeon responded, slightly hitting Seoyeon's arm.

After few rounds of games, the match had finally ended. Students started to disperse to their own intended directions.

Jiyeon and Seoyeon were about to leave the court when someone suddenly approached them.

"Urmm...hi?" A boy, seeming like from their age approached the two of them with his another friend.

They were clearly not from their school as they were wearing t-shirts with another school's logo.

Jiyeon and Seoyeon exchanged glances before returning their attention back at the boys.

"My friend over here really likes you." The guy spoke, pointing at his friend who were standing slightly behind him.

"So, if you don't mind, he wants to ask for your SNS." He added while handing a phone to Jiyeon.

"Ohh urmm..." Jiyeon was about to reject the request when she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her to turn around.

"Jiyeon." Jake stood close to the girl, towering her shorter figure, ignoring the presence of the two boys.

Jiyeon just smiled at him, waiting for him to finish his words.

"Let's walk home together." He suggested.