04

"Sim Jake! Are you just going to stare at me?"

"I'm sorry Ms., I just realised that I don't have my textbook with me." He apologetically replied, only keeping his head low.

"You must be busy playing basketball until you forgot the importance of lesson." The teacher sarcastically remarked. She was the type of teacher who was not fond of her students being too active in their co curricular activities.

"Stand outside."

"I'm sorry again." Jake bowed to the teacher before making his way out of the classroom.

He just sighed, thinking about the fact that he would be wasting 1 hour standing outside without getting any lesson.

Jiyeon was on her way towards her classroom, just got back from the restroom. She had to walk past Jake's class to get into her classroom.

Upon seeing the familiar girl's figure, Jake rolled his eyes while heaving a huge sigh.

"Jake?" She spoke.

The guy just kept his silence, ignoring the girl.

"Why are you outside? Did you not do your homework? You interrupted the class session? You didn't bring your book?" Jiyeon bombarded him with questions.

"Just go back to your classroom." He responded, annoyed.

"Faster tell me!" She insisted, half whispered, not wanting the people inside the classroom to hear them.

"I didn't bring my textbook." He replied short, hoping that she would walk away upon hearing his answer.

"Only with that reason? Why was she being so petty?" Jiyeon responded, mumbling the last part to herself.

"What subject?" She then asked, causing the guy to raise his eyebrows, questioning why was she still there, asking too many questions.

"History?" He answered in a questioning manner.

"Okay, be right back!" She responded, heading towards her classroom in a fast manner.

Jake's eyes followed her movement before shaking his head.

Upon taking her seat, Jiyeon carefully rummaged under her desk, searching for her history textbook. She tried not to make too much noise since her teacher was currently teaching in front of the class.

She slowly got up from her seat again and walked towards the class door with the textbook on her hand, earning weird looks from her teacher and classmates.

Before the teacher opened her mouth, Jiyeon beat her to it.

"I'm going to lend this to my friend! I'll be quick, I promise!"  She quickly spoke before running out of the classroom.

She stopped in front of Jake, panting.

"Here." Jiyeon extended her arm towards him with the book in her grip.

He just stared at the book and back at the girl.

As she was being impatient, she just shoved the book onto his chest, forcing him to take it from her hand.

"Quick, get in! Unless you want to miss a lot of lesson." She spoke, signalling the guy to get into his classroom with her hand before making her way towards her classroom's direction.

Jake knocked on the classroom door, earning the teacher's attention.

"May I join the class?"