23

"My Dad?!" Jiyeon questioned, couldn't believe what she just heard.

"It's not that I didn't want to tell you." Jake spoke.

"It was never my intention to ruin your relationship with your father. I knew how much he meant to you and how much you meant to him." Jake explained.

Jiyeon scoffed in return.

"I'll talk to him." Jiyeon replied short, gritting her teeth.

She was annoyed. Completely annoyed by the fact that the person she trusted the most was the reason behind their breakups.

"Jiyeon."

"Jiyeon." Jake called her name again when he realised that she was zoning out.

"Jiyeon." He called once again but this time while holding her hand as to gain her attention.

"Huh?" The girl slightly jumped off her seat, taken aback by the sudden skinship.

"Are you okay?" He asked, slightly caressing her hand with his thumb.

Jiyeon looked down at their connected hands before retracting her hand from his grip.

"Ahh...yes." She awkwardly replied, rubbing her nape.

"I have a question." The guy stated, earning a nodded from the girl beside him.

"Now that you knew everything..." He started off.

"...is there a chance of you accepting me again?" He asked. He was clearly nervous as it shown from the sound of his shaky voice.

Jiyeon took her time to think before heaving a sigh.

"I... don't know. I'm sorry." She responded with a very soft voice which was almost inaudible to the guy's ears.

Jake just forced a smile in return, disappointed by the fact that she was not ready to commit into a relationship again. Especially with him. Her heartbreaker.

"I understand." He weakly replied before getting up from his seat.

"I'll get going first. Goodnight, Jiyeon." He spoke before leaving the area, not bothering to wait for the girl's response.

Jiyeon, on the other hand, just watched the boy he loved left. She bit her lips, preventing herself from crying but to no avail, tears started to fall down her cheeks.

It would be a lie if she said that she had moved on. She was just scared. She was not the Jiyeon the guy used to know, and he was not the Jake she used to know.

They didn't grow up together. They were separated for almost 4 years. A lot of things could happen in a period of 4 years. Including the changes of feelings.

Yes, she had to admit that the guy seemed genuine. She had no doubt in him.

But what if her own feelings were not strong enough to reciprocate his love? What if it was not him that she missed, but the memories they had together?

She didn't want to be selfish. Yes, she went through the hardest heartbreak after their breakups but he experienced it too. He was hurting too. And she didn't want him to experience that again because of her unsure feelings.

So, that night, she had decided.

She didn't deserve him.

She wouldn't be returning to him again. Never would.

********************

"Guys! Since we just finished our semester, let's go for a trip!" Seoyeon suggested.