21

Jiyeon was done with her class for that day so she was now on her way back to her apartment.

She was settling down after getting her seat on the bus before a notification popped out from her phone.

SUNGHOON

Jiyeon have your class ended?

Are you still in your campus?

I want to stop by if possible.

Why?

I am currently on the bus, on my way home.

But I just got on, so I'm not that far from my campus.

I can get off at the nearest stop.

Did something happen, Sunghoon?

Okay, nice!

Send me your location, I'll pick you up in 15.

Everything's alright, right?

Her last text was left unread by Sunghoon. She quickly pressed the stop button, informing the driver her intention to get off at the next stop.

She waited for about 10 minutes at the bus stop before an SUV car pulled over in front of her not too long after.

The guy got off from his car before opening the passenger door, signalling the girl to get in.

The car ride was filled with random conversations. They didn't talk about the guy's intention of meeting up with the girl as he promised that he would tell everything once they found a place to sit and settle down.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" Jiyeon asked upon taking her seat in front of Sunghoon.

Sunghoon replied nothing but placed an A3-sized box on the table, causing Jiyeon to widen her eyes.

She hesitantly touched the box, examining the outside of it.

"This is... huge. What's inside?" She questioned.

"Take it home with you. Return it back to me when you're done looking." He replied.

"Oh... alright. Don't you want to give me any hint?" She asked further as she picked up the box before placing it beside her.

"I found it in Jake's room. Let's say... there's a reason behind your breakups." He responded, rubbing his nape.

"This is Jake's?!" Jiyeon asked, slightly raising her voice.

"Yeah." Sunghoon replied.

"I don't need it. It's been 4 years, Sunghoon." Jiyeon spoke. She was about to return the box before the guy stopped her.

"No! You need it! I'm 100% sure!" He panickedly responded.

"Look, Jiyeon. I'm trying my best here to help Jake. And you as well, of course. Can't you see his efforts to win your heart back? Can't you see how much he still likes you?" The guy tried to persuade the girl.

"There's just... something you need to know." He added.

"I have no idea what are you talking about, Sunghoon. Are you sure I can access this box?" She asked for confirmation.

"Of course... cannot." He replied, sheepishly smiling.

"But I think this is the best for you both. I'm not forcing you to accept him back. I'm just doing my part by giving you this. I'll leave the rest for you to decide by yourself."