19

It had been almost a month since the encounter of Jake and Jiyeon and since that day, there was not a single day went by that Jake didn't approach the girl. Be it in text or in person.

And of course, the guy would only received disappointing responses from the girl every single time.

The only thing that gradually changed over time was that Jiyeon started to open up to everyone else in the group. They also managed to persuade her to join them in their planned activities, thanks to Seoyeon's persuasion power.

Jiyeon was the only one who didn't pursue her studies in the same university like everyone else, so they were doing their bests to make her feel included.

Moreover, this would indirectly help Jake to find reasons to meet the girl without having to think of foolish excuses.

"Jiyeon, I stopped by the bakery to buy your favourite cake." Jake spoke as he placed a small box of cake on the table, in front of Jiyeon before taking a seat next to her.

Jiyeon stared at the box before opening the lid. A slice of strawberry cheesecake. Her favourite.

She closed the lid back before pushing the cake towards Seoyeon's direction.

"Seoyeon, your favourite strawberry cheesecake." She spoke before returning her attention back to her phone.

They've planned to do a study group that day, so they've agreed to meet up at their usual place, Seoyeon's sister's cafe.

As they were busy doing their own revisions, an unfamiliar person approached their table.

"Sorry, I'm late." Everyone raised their heads to look at the person.

"Oh, Joonyoung! You're here." Jay spoke before dragging the chair beside him out, welcoming the guy to sit beside him.

"I invited him. We have a group assignment due by this week." Jay explained to the others, earning nods from them.

Upon seeing the familiar face, Jiyeon quickly turned her head to look at Seoyeon, raising her eyebrows.

Seoyeon shyly nodded in return, failing to hide her red, blushing cheeks.

Correct. He was the guy she saw on Seoyeon's phone screen when Seoyeon revealed her campus crush.

Sunghoon stealthily glanced at Seoyeon from his seat, uneasy with the fact that he was in the same room with the crush of the person he liked.

He just sighed in disappointment upon seeing the giddiness in the girl's face and action.

After a while, they decided to take a break, putting their books aside, getting ready for lunch.

That was when the new guy approached Jiyeon.

"Hi." He said after tapping the girl's shoulder to gain her attention.

Jiyeon turned around, tilting her head while pointing at herself.

"Are you talking to me?" The girl asked, giving him a confused look.

Joonyoung let out a chuckle before nodding.

"Jiyeon, right?" He asked, earning a nod from the girl.

"Finally I got to meet you in person! I saw your pictures a lot from their SNS posts." The guy stated.

"Oh...n-nice to meet you too." Jiyeon hesitantly replied, rubbing her nape as she didn't know what to say.

Everyone else was walking ahead so none of them witnessed the two's conversations at the back.

"My car cannot fit all of us. Let's divide ourselves into two groups. Two of you will go with me and the other two with Jake." Sunghoon suggested, turning around to look at everyone.

"Jiyeon and me will ride with Sunghoon." Seoyeon stated before making her way towards Sunghoon's car while dragging Jiyeon along with her.

"Can I go with Jiyeon?"

Everyone turned their heads confusedly at the latter upon hearing his question. No reply came out from any of them as they were too confused by the request.

"Let's just go with Jake, Joonyoung. We'll be heading towards the same place after all." Jay suggested, breaking the silence.

Upon receiving a nod from the new guy, everyone dispersed, heading towards their assigned cars.

Jay fastened his seatbelt upon entering Jake's car. He then turned his head towards his friend, Joonyoung who was sitting alone at the backseat.

"Are you guys close? You and Jiyeon?" Jay asked.

Jake, on the other hand, stealthily glanced at the guy through the rearview mirror, anticipating his answer to Jay's question.

"No. We've never met. I just want to get closer to her." He explained.

"Tsk." Jake just scoffed.

Jay who was sitting at the passenger seat could clearly tell that he was annoyed.

********************

Upon arriving at the restaurant, everyone right away took their seats and made their orders.

Jake, however, stopped by the dessert shop beside the restaurant first, wanting to buy something for Jiyeon just like he always did.

As he reached the table where his friends were sitting at, he found out that the seat beside Jiyeon was taken by Joonyoung.

"Hey, can you sit somewhere else?" Jake directly asked, earning the attentions of everyone else.

"Why? I don't see your name here?" Joonyoung sarcastically argued back.

Jay just let out a sigh as he thought the silent beef had already ended once they left the car, but no, he was wrong.

Sunghoon and Seoyeon exchanged glances, unsure of how to react.

Jiyeon looked at the two before biting her lips upon realizing that she was the reason to their bickering.

"Just sit there, Jake." She spoke, pointing at the vacant seat next to Joonyoung.

Jake scoffed, gritting his teeth. He placed the dessert box in front of the girl before taking his seat.

"Oh, do you like cream puffs?" Joonyoung enquired the girl upon seeing the item inside the box.

She took a peek inside the box as well before slowly pushing the box towards him.

"You can have it." She replied half-heartedly proceeding to read the menu.

Joonyoung was about to take the box before a hand snatched it from him.

"I didn't buy this for you! If she didn't want it, let me eat it!" Jake spoke, before shoving a whole cream puff inside his mouth.

Jay who sat in front of him just shook his head as he thought that his behaviour was a bit childish, meanwhile Jiyeon who heard the whole conversation from her seat just heaved a sigh.

Seoyeon, on the other hand, couldn't help but to pout when she realized that her crush was more interested to get closer to her friend more than herself.

--------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote please!

Love, Nia♡