24

"Wahh this resort is so pretty!" Seoyeon remarked while clinging onto Jiyeon's arm.

Seoyeon was about to lift her luggage up when Sunghoon grabbed it from her hand before bringing it inside the house.

"Ooo.. what a gentleman~" Jiyeon spoke while teasingly nudging her friend's arm.

Jiyeon was about to search for Jake's figure as she had a tiny bit of hope that the guy would do the same like Sunghoon but that guy just walked past her with his hands full of plastic bags filled with their stuff for the trip.

The girl couldn't help but to pout.

She was about to take out her bag from the boot before a hand stopped her from doing so.

"It's okay, let me bring it for you. You can get into the house." Joonyoung spoke while holding the girl's bag.

"Are you sure?" Jiyeon asked for confirmation, causing the guy to nod in return while smiling at her.

"If you say so." She softly responded.

"Thank you Joonyoung." She said before following Seoyeon who was making her way towards the house.

It was already evening when they arrived. So, the six of them right away prepared for their barbeque dinner upon settling down with their stuff.

Jiyeon was in charge of watermelon cutting. She had never done kitchen works before, so she was struggling a lot.

Not too long after, Joonyoung came to his rescue upon seeing the girl's frustrated face while handling the fruit.

"You should turn it upside down like this. It's safer this way." Joonyoung explained while showing the method to the girl. They were standing close to each other as Jiyeon was trying to see properly how it was done.

"For those who were done with your parts, you guys can freshen up yourselves first." Jay suggested as he was busy grilling the meat.

"Okay done!" Joonyoung spoke.

Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows upon seeing the neatly cut watermelon in the bowl.

"Hey, you should let me do it!" The girl argued.

"It's nothing, Jiyeon." The guy responded, letting out a small laugh.

Jiyeon looked around the outdoor kitchen as to see whether there were anything she could help with.

Her eyes stopped at the guy in front of her who was busy pouring the drink into cups.

She didn't realise that she was staring for too long that the guy was already looking at her while raising his eyebrows.

Jiyeon panickedly turned around, making her way towards Seoyeon.

"Are you done? Do you need help with anything?" Jiyeon asked.

"It's fine, I'm almost done." Seoyeon responded.

"I don't feel good." Jiyeon spoke her mind out, pouting while leaning her head towards her friend's shoulder.

"Why?" Seoyeon responded, moving one of her hands to pat her friend's head.

"I just have a lot on my mind." Jiyeon replied in a mumble manner.

"Go for a walk. I heard the sunset here is pretty!" Seoyeon suggested.

"Should I?" Jiyeon asked back, earning a nod from her friend.

"Take your time. It's fine if you're not back by dinner. I'll cover up for you." Seoyeon spoke, reassuring her friend.

"You're the best, Seoyeon!" Jiyeon side-hugged her friend before leaving the area.

********************

"Hey, Seoyeon. Do you know where Jiyeon is?" Jake asked when he couldn't see the girl anywhere around the house.

"She said she wanted to go for a sightseeing for a while. Maybe you can look for her at the beach?" Seoyeon suggested, while busy making the soup for the noodle.

"Bring along some of those. I don't think she will come back by the time we eat." The girl added while pointing at the grilled sausages and meats.

Jake took a small paper bag before filling it with the food mentioned by Seoyeon earlier. He then dashed out of the house, heading towards the beach.

The guy's eyes wandered upon arriving at the beach, searching for a particular person.

Jiyeon, on the other hand was walking by the seaside, having her head low while hugging her upper body with her arms. She was too engulfed by her own thoughts, forgetting to witness the beautiful sunset in front of her.

"Jiyeon."

The girl widened her eyes, turning around upon hearing her name being called.

"Jake?"

"I brought you some food..." The guys said, pausing on his words.

"...and wanted to check up on you." He added, awkwardly rubbing his nape.

Jiyeon took the paper bag from the guy's hand in hesitant, still confused on why he was there.

"Did you guys start eating already?" She questioned.

"Not yet, Seoyeon just thought that you wouldn't be joining us later." He replied, eyes never leaving hers.

"Ahh... you don't have to come here. I was planning to be back by dinner." She responded, smiling at the taller guy in front of her.

Jiyeon bit her lips, raising her eyebrows when she received no response from the latter as he was busy staring at her.

She then turned around, ignoring the guy. Her action somehow helped him to come back to his senses, causing him to jog a little to catch up with the girl.

"You're alright? Do you mind if I accompany you?" Jake asked, looking at the girl beside him.

"I don't mind." Jiyeon responded.

They were just walking in silence, side by side. Jiyeon was once again, too occupied in her thoughts while letting the sea breeze to touch her skin. Jake, on the other hand, was searching for the right word to break the silence.

"Is there something bothering you?" He asked one more time while taking off his sweater and placed it on the girl's bared shoulder.

"Hm." Was all she replied.

Jake just nodded, forcing a smile, getting the hint that she had no intention of opening up to him.

"I was contemplating on whether to tell you or not." Jiyeon added, speaking her mind.

The guy abruptly stopped walking to properly face the girl upon hearing her response.

"Can I at least listen to it?" He asked, locking eyes with the girl's.

Jiyeon didn't know if she was seeing things but she was sure that she saw hopes in his eyes, as if he was expecting to hear something from her.

"Jake." She started off.

"I'm sorry."