06

Jiyeon peeked inside the indoor court, searching for Jake's figure among the players. They were gathering at the center of the court, probably discussing about the game strategy.

Suddenly, one of the players noticed her figure peeking from the door, causing him to call her out. She quickly hid behind the door, cursing at herself, before taking her leave.

However, luck was not on her side, the guy was faster than her. He grabbed her by her arm, dragging her into the court.

"Ackk, let me go!" She protested, trying to break free from the guy's grip.

"Coach, I think she was eavesdropping us." The guy reported to their basketball coach.

Jiyeon scoffed in return.

"Tsk, why would I? I'm not even interested in the game!" She tried to defend herself.

"Then, why are you here?" It was now the coach's turn to speak.

She then recalled her main intention of going there in the first place, causing her to unconsciously make eye contact with the intended person.

Jiyeon bit her inner lips, trying to find excuse. She couldn't just say that she was there to talk to her crush. They would have just laughed at her.

"I-I was searching for my friend! I peeked inside to see whether my friend is here. I swear I didn't hear anything!" She stated.

At that moment, she just felt like burying herself into the ground. Especially when her crush witnessed the whole embarrassing situation she was in.

"Let her go." The coach instructed the guy earlier.

"I'm really sorry for interrupting the practice." Jiyeon repeatedly bowed to them before leaving the court.

After she left, the team picked up where they left off from earlier.

One thing for sure, Jake couldn't even give his full concentration to the discussion due to his mind being distracted by the girl.

Especially when he knew he was the reason for her to be there but she just couldn't say it.

He tried his best to contain his smile and laughter throughout the practice every time she crossed his mind.

"How can a person be so clumsy and cute at the same time?" Was his thought all along.

Jiyeon went to cafeteria right away, searching for her bestfriend. Upon seeing her sitting alone at one of the tables, she quickly plopped herself beside her, spilling all the things her friend needed to know.

"Remind me not to talk to Jake for the time being." Jiyeon spoke, leaning her head against her friend's shoulder, recalling the incident that occurred not too long ago.

"I've been reminding you since day 1, but it's okay. You do you." Seoyeon replied while patting Jiyeon's hair, attempting to comfort her.

********************

Mid-term examination was just around the corner. The students were preparing hard for the upcoming exams,
including the Jiyeon.

Jiyeon spent most of her time at the library alone since Seoyeon was not the type to study in a quiet and dull place.

That day, Jiyeon was revising as usual at the corner of the library when she felt a presence occupying the seat next to her.

She slowly raised her head to her side to look at the person. What she didn't expect was the person already staring at her, with his hand on the table, supporting his head.

"Hi, Jiyeon."

Jiyeon tried to ignore the person, covering her face using her long, black hair.

The guy let out a soft chuckle upon seeing her reaction.

"I was meaning to ask you something, but you kept on avoiding me. I had no choice but to approach you like this." He stated.

"Go on." Jiyeon replied with her eyes still fixed on the book, hair still covering her face.

"That day, you were searching for me, right?" He asked in a teasing manner.

Upon hearing his question, Jiyeon instantly buried her face into the book she had been reading.

She could imagine how red she was at that moment and she didn't want to embarrass herself once again in front of the guy she liked by showing him her blushing state.

Jake couldn't help but to burst into laughter. To him, Jiyeon being all shy in front of him was a sight to see.

"If you come here to tease me, just go Jake!" She spoke in a low mumble.

"Oh come on, Jiyeon. I just want to ask why were you searching for me?" He defended himself.

She raised her head before turning her upper body to face the now-smirking guy.

"I just want to thank you for the chocolate, okay?! Now go, you're so annoying!" She spoke while pushing the guy away from her.

Jake burst into laughter once again before getting up from his seat, walking away from the place.

Since that incident occurred in the library, things have gone back to normal. Jiyeon started to chase Jake again, but the only thing that changed was that, Jake was less annoyed.

Maybe not anymore but he just pretended to be. For ego purposed.

********************

Jiyeon entered the library, searching for a particular person. Once she couldn't find him anywhere on the ground floor, she went up the stairs, to the next level.

There he was, sitting alone at the middle part of the library, studying for the mid-term test. Without wasting any time, she headed towards him.

"Jake." She greeted, poking his shoulder. She spoke in a whisper tone, making sure she didn't attract the attention of the librarian.

The guy turned his head, looking at her direction, raising his eyebrows.

"I brought you some candies." She whispered in his ear.

Jiyeon then extended her arms, letting the candies fell from the inside of her uniform sleeves onto the table, some scattered onto the floor.

The falling candies made a loud noise, causing some students to look at their direction, searching for the noise.

Jiyeon quickly gestured a 'sorry' towards them before returning her attention towards the sitting guy.

Suddenly a pair of hands snaked onto the table, grabbing all the candies away from them, causing Jiyeon to widen her eyes.

"No food in the library."

Both Jiyeon and Jake's eyes followed the movement of the lady who was known to be the strict librarian.

Jiyeon tried to open her mouth but failed to say anything.

--------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote please!

Love, Nia♡