Chapter 3

As I sat across from Jon in the dimly lit study, the tension between us was palpable. The air felt heavy with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. I tried to focus on the words in my book, but my mind kept wandering back to the morning when we had ended things.

     Maester Luwin is sat next to Jon making him repeat all the houses and their sigils for revision. Once Jon is finished Maester Luwin stands up "I'll be back soon keep reading your books."

Once Maester Luwin leaves my eyes go up to glance at Jon with his furrowed brows concentrated on his book but my eyes quickly snap back down once I see his head slowly going up. Every glance exchanged between us felt charged with a mix of longing and regret. It was as if our eyes were trying to convey the things we couldn't bring ourselves to say out loud. I continued to steal glances at Jon when he wasn't looking, catching him doing the same.

The silence was deafening, broken only by the occasional shuffle of pages or the soft creaking of the chair as one of us shifted uncomfortably. Part of me wanted to break the silence, to reach out and bridge the gap that had formed between us. But another part was afraid of what might happen if I did.

In that moment, surrounded by books that once brought us joy, I couldn't help but wonder if there was a way to mend what was broken between us. But for now, all we could do was sit in silence, pretending to read, while our hearts silently pleaded for reconciliation.

   Jon breaks the silence though "How's your book?" I look up to see his gaze on mines which causes my heart beat to escalate.

       "Good how about yours?" I say trying to be nonchalant.

       "It's about the white walkers, I got interested after what transpired today." He says putting a hand on his direwolf that is perched on his lap 'Ghost' he's decided to call it.

        Nodding my head expectantly I turn my gaze towards the heat that's burning between us in the fireplace.

        "Aida?" He calls out making me turn my head towards him again. His eyes hold a hint of sadness and uncertainty in them "Are we ok?" Jon's words lingered, waiting for a response, his eyes searching mine for reassurance.

I met his gaze, feeling a lump form in my throat. How could I promise something I wasn't entirely sure of myself? But as I looked into his eyes, I saw a glimmer of hope, a flicker of the love that once bound us together.

"We will be," I said softly, my voice barely audible even in the stillness of the night. It was more a declaration of faith than a statement of certainty, but it was all I could offer in that moment.

There was a brief pause, as if Jon was weighing my words, searching for any hint of doubt. But then, a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me.

We may have been sitting in the aftermath of a breakup, surrounded by the remnants of a love that once burned bright, but in that moment, there was a glimmer of hope. A promise that maybe, just maybe, we could find our way back to each other.

     The door burst open, Arya's excitement filling the room like a whirlwind, her loyal pup Nymeria trailing behind her. Arya practically lunged at Jon, who was seated in his chair, causing him to push her away playfully. "Have you heard? Have you heard?" she exclaimed, barely able to contain herself.

"No, but it must be something extraordinary to have you in such a frenzy," I replied, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

Arya settled herself comfortably beside Jon, a grin spreading across her face. "The king is coming to Winterfell!" she announced, her eyes shining with excitement.