Chapter 7

The blacksmith presents Jon's gift in a long, elegant box, a small smile playing on his lips as he hands it to me. "Hope you like it, Lady Song."

"Of course I will. Your craftsmanship is renowned throughout the North," I reply, returning his smile with genuine appreciation.

With a nod of farewell, I take the box and walk away, Rickon and Shaggydog at my side. "What do you think it is?" Rickon asks eagerly.

"I'm not entirely sure. Millen has a knack for creating wondrous things," I reply, a sense of anticipation building within me as we make our way to the great hall.

Pushing open the heavy doors, we step inside to find the hall relatively empty. Setting the box down on a nearby table, Rickon practically bounces with excitement. "Open it, Aida!"

Chuckling at his enthusiasm, I lift the lid, revealing a gleaming silver sword adorned with intricately engraved tree vines and a pommel adorned with ruby blue feathers.

"Wow," Rickon breathes in awe, his eyes wide with wonder.

I carefully lift the sword from its resting place, testing its weight and balance in my hand. A smile tugs at my lips as I find it perfectly suited to my grip.

Rickon digs through the box and pulls out a piece of parchment. "Look, it's a note," he exclaims.

Taking the note, I unfold it and read aloud: "Every great warrior needs a great sword, and every great sword needs a name."

Rickon practically vibrates with excitement. "What are you going to call it?"

I ponder for a moment, then turn to him with a smile. "How about you choose a name?"

His eyes light up with enthusiasm. "How about Songbird? It's your house's sigil."

Surprised by his suggestion, I regard him with admiration. "Your lessons with Maester Luwin must be paying off," I remark before turning my attention back to the sword. "Songbird. I like the sound of that."

——————

In the Godswood Robb, Theon, Ser Rodrik, Maester Luwin, Archsepton Redmond and I stand in front of Lady Catelyn who's decided to hold council today saying that she has something urgent to share with all of us.

"What I am about to tell you must remain between us," she starts out then with a resigned sigh says "I don't think Bran fell from that tower. I think he was thrown."

The Godswood turns eerily silent at her words. Thrown? But who would want to hurt Bran?

Maester Luwin nods agreeing with Catelyn "The boy was always sure footed before."

"Someone tried to kill him twice. Why? Why murder an innocent child? Unless he saw something he wasn't meant to see." Catelyn says

Theon shrugs in curiosity "Saw what my lady?"

"I don't know. But I would stake my life the Lannisters are involved. We already have reason to suspect their loyalty to the crown." Catelyn replies angry.

Well I'm definitely out of the loop here since I have no idea why they would suspect the Lannisters loyalty to the crown, Cersei is definitely conniving under fake smiles but the rest seemed fine to me.

"It is all rather suspicious, Bran's fall, plus the arrival of this assassin all happening after you received that letter from your sister saying the Lannisters were responsible for Jon Arryn's death. Could they have somehow found out about that, my lady? If they did, these two attempts on Bran's life could be a warning from them. 'Don't meddle in our affairs, because this is what happens if you do.' An angry lion will only give so many warnings before it attacks." Well that comes a shock to me, the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn?