Chapter 12

Skylar got back to her apartment and immediately thought of a way to tackle the Morgan Edge problem. Sure she wasn't fond of him but she wouldn't kill him. Nobody deserves to die. So, Skylar decided to try to scare him into backing out.

Something caught her eye. An invitation to a gala. Hosted by Lena Luthor. Hmm, now that would be dramatic. Skylar had sent Lex a text to let him know that the mission would be complete in a week's time and asking him to do a small favour.

Looking at Morgan's profile, Skylar grinned wickedly. Everything is coming to plan. With that, all Skylar had to do was play the waiting game.

The next few days were nothing but endless work and meet ups with either Sam and Lena or Kara. But today, it was just her and Lena since Sam and Kara went to buy some food. Although Skylar had never interacted with Lena one on one before, the small talk went surprisingly well. They were talking and complaining about the workloads, of course Sam and Kara being a topic of their conversation.

Too caught up in the moment, the two were startled when Morgan Edge burst through the door.

"YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS TO ME!"

The two stood and Skylar quickly placed herself infront of the younger Luthor. She wasn't going to let anything happen to Lena.

"What did I do Morgan?" Lena said calmly but in actuality, she was terrified. She had to keep her CEO persona in check.

"You bitch! You can't just steal all my future clients and investors. You Luthors are all the fucking same. Pathetic and cynical." Morgan spat, glaring a hole through Lena. Lena visibly flinched at the mention of her family and Skylar took it as a sign for Morgan to leave.

"That's it. I suggest its best for you to go Morgan." Skylar said calmly, ushering him to leave.

"Don't touch me you filthy bitch." He retaliated and back handed Skylar in the face. As he did so, Sam and Kara walked through the door and saw what had happened. Furious, Sam placed the food on the nearest table and started to confront Morgan.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! You can't just slap and hit people. This isn't the 80's. We're calling the police. This us assault!" While Sam was yelling, Kara came to check on Skylar. The blonde took the others face in her hands and softly caressed the now reddening area, worry very evident in her eyes.

The blonde noticed that Skylar's eyes were trained on Morgan. Like a predator scoping out its prey. Skylar got out of her trance when Kara stood in her line of view. Her eyes softened when meeting a pair of blue eyes. They stood there until they were pulled by Maggie handcuffing Morgan and bringing him out.

"Hey Skylar. You doing okay?" Maggie asked, all she got was a gentle smile and a nod.

"You mind if we ask you some questions?" Upon hearing that, Skylar nodded again and began recounting what had happened the last few minutes. After getting the necessary information, Maggie headed out and all that's left were the two couple and their food.

Sensing the tense atmosphere, Skylar took the opportunity to start eating and the others soon followed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sam asked again.

"Yes, Sam. I am perfectly fine. It was just a slap. I have handled worse." Skylar said and moved on to her second burger. Gaining some curious looks from Kara and Lena.

"I can never understand how you eat so much but never get fat. You're the same as Kara. I swear sometimes you both might be alien or something." Sam laughed lightly at the remark, failing to see the blonde stiffened.