Chapter 22

Lena woke up with a grumble, squinting her eyes at the bright light and proceeding to burrow deeper into the bed. A chuckle was heard and she felt soft hands caressing her back, drawing soft circles.

Lena shot straight up as she finally was finally registering what is going on. How did she end up in bed? Last she remembered was that she slept on the couch. While she was in her own head thinking, hands wrapped around her waist and lips were quick to attach to the back of her neck.

"What are you thinking about, love." Lena's body stilled at the voice. Skylar?

She turned and truth be told, Skylar was smiling softly and looking at her with nothing but love. Lena furrowed her eyebrows. The bedroom doesn't look familiar at all.

"What-?" Lena started but was interrupted with the door opening.

"What is taking you two so long? You don't want me to eat everything, do you?" Lena whipped her head and Kara stood in the doorway, looking at them with her hands on her hips. Her glasses nowhere in sight.

"Well, I had my fair share of cuddling with sleeping beauty over here. I'm starved." Skylar said as she went out, kissing Lena on the cheek and Kara on the lips. Lena's eyes widened at that. I'm...in a relationship with them both?

"Good morning, zrhueiao." Kara greeted cheerfully and Lena can't help but smile at her. Kara took her by surprise with a passionate morning kiss but Lena can't help but melt in it. Wait, why am i kissing Kara?

Within a flash, her surroundings changed as her eyes opened. Her vision was met with Ruby shaking her awake.

"Lena, wake up." Ruby said shaking her even harder and Lena shot up, breathing heavily.

Getting her bearings, she remembered what happened in her dream and her face flushed red.

"Are you sick? Mom told me that you're taking me to school today but it's okay if you don't want to." Ruby said looking at her concernedly.

"Sam already left?" Lena asked and Ruby merely nodded.

"She left 10 minutes ago. She didn't hug me goodbye or kiss my head like she usually does. Did...did I do something wrong?" Ruby asked, her voice breaking a little. Lena was quick to pull her into a side hug.

"Darling, no. You didn't do anything. Maybe Sam was just in a rush. Tell you what, I'll bring you to school and give you the tightest and longest hug you will ever receive." Lena was quick to cheer her up.

"I think Aunt Kara has you beat." Ruby countered and Lena gasped in offence eliciting a laugh from the younger.

"Okay, okay. I'll get ready. Give me 20 minutes." Ruby nodded.

Kara woke up with a jolt. Another nightmare. She went to the bathroom and splashed herself with cold water. Nightmares weren't new to Kara but this one seemed to have happened out of nowhere. Suddenly, her sink broke from her grip. She widened her eyes.

Kara tested to see if all her powers had returned and was amazed by them returning in a few hours time. Normally, it would've taken days or maybe a week even. Kara took this as a good sign and went about her duties as Supergirl before her job at Catco.

Work at Catco was light. Seems like Snapper chose today to go easy on her, as if he knew what she went through yesterday. Because of the light work, Kara was done pretty early and quickly headed to retrieve the dagger before going to LCorp.

"Hey, Kara. W-What are you uhmm doing here?" Lena stammered as Kara walked through her office. Images of her dreams came to her head at the sight of the blonde. Kara furrowed her brows and looked at her in confusion.