Chapter 19

Kara began to rush to Noonans. She was already late for lunch with Skylar because Snapper really was just targeting her today. But hey, at least she got a longer lunch break.

Anyways, she knew she was already reaching when she saw Skylar leaning against her bike a block away from Noonans, mindlessly scrolling through her phone. Looking up, Skylar's eyes landed on her and a smile instantly appeared on her face. That smile really does a number on the Kryptonians heart and she all but rushed to her side.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. My boss really hates my guts and has been picking on me today."

"Hey, no worries. I haven't been here long. Besides, I see some familiar faces having lunch together at Noonans." Skylar gestured to the two and Kara furrowed her brows in confusion.

In actuality, Kara was supposed to be having lunch with her sister. Call it a make up lunch for the argument at Skylar's office. But alas, Alex cancelled saying she was swamped with reports at the DEO. Kara was really confused. Was the argument that bad that Alex was purposefully ignoring her?

Before she could think anymore, Skylar placed two fingers to soften up the all too familiar crinkle.

"Don't think too much. Let's have a quick chat with them before eating." Skylar smiled but Kara noticed that it didn't reach her eyes.

Then the two, hand in hand, entered Noonans and went to the familiad pair. The brunette and blonde noticed that the Sam and Alex were laughing and smiling. Clearing her throat, Skylar made her way to her friend's side while Kara, her sister's.

"Sam, Alex. Well, what a coincidence to see you here." Upon noticing the two, Sam and Alex looked up with wide eyes. Like a deer caught in headlights.

"Oh, Skylar. What, um, what are you doing here? I thought you were at home with Lena and Ruby." Sam asked nervously, scratching the back of her neck. While Alex was avoiding her younger sisters gaze.

"Oh, Kara and I were grabbing some lunch together. I wanted to give Lena and Ruby some alone time. To bond and stuff. Mind if we sit with you guys? The place is getting packed." Skylar smiled innocently while the two reluctantly agreed to her request.

Sitting down, Kara was bringing up the inevitable question to her sister.

"I thought you were swamped with paperwork?" Kara tilted her head and her sister sighed.

"Yea, John, he let me off the hook and since I already cancelled lunch with you, I took up Sam's offer." Kara narrowed her eyes at her sister. Through the years, she was able to know when Alex was lying. Kara could hear both Sam and Alex fast heartbeats but she held her tongue.

"I didn't know you two were friends enough to have lunch together. I thought I was your lunch buddy, Sam." Skylar mocked hurt and pouted leading Sam to playfully shove her.

"We've been talking." The comment from Alex seemed to cause a shift in the air. Skylar narrowed her eyes on Alex and Kara could tell there was something more than meets the eye.

"Alright, Kara let's order some food. I'm starved." With that, the two got up and waited in the line. Kara looking back at their table once in a while.

"Should we tell Lena?" Kara mumbled, feeling sad for her friend.

"I'm sure she will figure out on her own. Those two aren't exactly subtle. When she does, she will have an amazing friend who would help her and be there for her." Skylar gave Kara an assuring smile before the two ordered their food and fighting for the bill. In the end, Skylar got to pay and Kara pouted.

"Don't worry, cara mia. You'll pay next time." Skylar whispered, lightly poking Kara's cheeks with a smile which made Kara turn red.

Sitting back down with their food, the four had an awkward conversation that progressed to just Skylar and Kara talking while the other two just nodded along to whatever. Soon enough, a call from Lena tore Skylar away from the conversation. Something Sam noticed.