11

"What happened next?" Pearl ask. She was really curious and worried even tho Gem was still a few meters away from her.

"It turned out that King Cleo was worried because we weren't coming back and their order to start searching for us.

Someone found us a few minutes away from the empire wall and took me and Scar to the hospital.

We were unconscious for a few days at least...
After everything the king was very mad at us and with a broken heart she exiled me and Scar.-"

Gem looked at the anger in Pearl eyes.
"It's alright King Cleo did the right thing. We were too dangerous for the kingdom. It was hard for them to do too. "

"I still don't agree with the idea of exile."

"What is in the past is in the past."
Gem looked at the ceiling .

"After everything I tried to ask Scar what happened but he didn't want to tell me or even talk about it. That was probably when I noticed the white strike in his hair... Then we grew up and fell out of touch... Maybe if I knew something or if I noticed that they left, everything would be different now..."

Pearl laugh.
"Didn't someone just say ' what's in the past is in the past '."

Gem looked at her and after a moment she giggled.
"I'm not very good at this am I."

"I guess not" Pearl said and she came a little close to Gem .
They sat , enjoying the silence there was sounds of something rustle outside.

"Wait -- Scar's a prince?!" Pearl said loudly after a moment.
Gem giggled.
"Technically was but yeah... Kinda hard to believe right?"

"I... He don't give the impression."

"Neither do you , princess."

Pearl looked at Gem , she felt her heart started to beat fast. How did Gem know that... She and Grian were tried to keep it as a secret. Pearl stared panicking.

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone. "

Pearl looked at her.
"How did you -"

"Found out?"

"I know a water breed myself he's.. he was my mentor and he doesn't have scales like you besides I saw your merling form...So I just put the two together."

Pearl glanced at her hands. The red scales were slightly glowing in the fire light.
"I didn't thought about it earlier..."
Pearl stopped.
"Do you think Scar knows? "
Gem shook her head.
"I don't think so"
Gem thought a moment
"If Jimmy had the scales too that might be actually a good information to help with finding him?"

Pearl didn't say anything. She was still getting over the call out. She took the compass out. If was glowing slightly... what did they gloving meant?
They were close or did they went the wrong way.

When Pearl was lost in thought on the floor Gen looked through the broken window.
" I think we should get some sleep before the sun rise and in the morning will search for both of your brother's."
She crouched next to Pearl.

"If you say so..."

-------------------

(Back to the time when Grian ran away from the safe spot)

Grian could hear his name being yelled but something tell him he couldn't go back until he found Scar.

"Scar? Where are you?"
Grian walks through the now pretty dark streets.

After walking though alleys that looked identicaly he saw a flash of something white.
' Maybe that's Scar.'

Grian went after the white thing.

He ended up in another alley but this one had dead end. Someone stood there looking at him.

Grian recognise that man.
"Scar?" He whisper.

Scar didn't look like himself. His hair were snow white with a strike of brown. His eyes weren't that beautiful green coloured now they were cold blue and each time Grian looked at them chills and fear took over his body.

Scar expression was emotionless but for a spit second Grian thought he saw him looking at him with sadness.
Like he was saying 'im sorry '.

"What are you doing here?" Scar asked him coldly , Grian didn't have a chance to reply as Scar started talking again.
"You shouldn't be here...he ..he wants your magic" he said quietly and with slight sign of terrified in his voice.

Grian looked at him, he tried to think of something to say.
"I - I... I want to help you Scar... "

Scar laughed at him as a chill wind approached them, the alley stared looking even darker than before.

"Oh look what we have here. A lovely soul."
Something said from behind him.
The voice was like an iced storm sea, cold, sharp and dark.
Grian catches a tear that was falling down on Scar's cheek right before he decided to face the figure.

Only a glimps of cyan glowing eyes and small light spots on darkness of the creature he has seen. Right after that Grian fell down on the cobble path just like a log.

"Take him to the castle.

Make sure he's still alive, I don't need him if he's d€ad."

"Yyy..es-ss"Scar mumbled. Sound of snapping fingers put him back into the souless state.
He picked up Grian like he weighs nothing and followed C̶u̶b̶   the Sculk Master back to the Castle.