12

Grian opened his eyes, he couldn't see where he was the room was dark.
He tried to move but he quickly found out his back to his merling form. Grian could feel the water around him. He tried to use his magic but instead the water make him feel weaker.

"Don't be so quick. I need some of your precious water breed powers for myself first."

Grian looked at the figure in front of him, it held a lantern with a blue light inside that he never had seen before. It was the same as that one he saw in the alley.
From this distance he could get a closer look at it even tho the light wasn't that great.

The creature looked humanoid. Like it somewhere in the past used to be human but the dark things consumed it.

A few minutes later a familiar face entered the room also carrying a blue fire lantern.

Grian glanced at him.
Scar looked pale or maybe that was the lighting, Grian wasn't sure.
His hair were still snow-white but the eyes were once more beautiful green.
There was something behind those eyes ... Feare of somekind.

For a spit second Scar's and Grian's eyes met. Grian felt awful , like unknown pressure was slowly k!lling him.
'What was that?!' he looked at Scar but this time the men attention was concerned on something else.

Grian could see that Scar was holding something in his other hand right infront of his face but he couldn't make out what it was.

The Sculk creature turned to face Scar.
"What's wrong Scar? Still not willing to decide on which side you are?"
It laughed.

" Just let me go Cub-" Scar started coughing badly and in matter of few seconds he lost his consciousness.

Grian tried to scream but he couldn't. The water blocked the sounds.

The creature- Cub?as Scar called it, took a few steps towards the weak Scar's body.
"Don't you dare calling me that again. It was only a warning.. I don't think you want to see the next time."

It left disappearing into the darkness. Now only Grian and unconscious Scar remain in the room. The light was getting weaker cus now the lantern was laying a few meters away.

Grian could only watch and hope that Scar will wake up soon.

-------------

Pearl and Gem were sleeping , cuddling each other. They had fell asleep a few minutes after the conversation.

Pearl rubble here eyes, she thought she heard a sniffing noises coming from somewhere close.
She gently shake Gem to wake her up.

"Pearl?" Gem said still half asleep.

"I heard something. Like sniffing  or so?" Pearl looked at her with serious but also scared expression.

The noises were heard one more. They sounded louder and Pearl thought she could hear a heart beat.

Gem ran thought her jacket looking for something and a few seconds later she pulled out a smal dragger.

Pearl was quite shocked of how many weapons Gem carried with herself. Maybe that was just an archer's thing? She would probably never know.

"I think it's coming towards us.." Gem whisper.

"What exactly is 'it'?"

"I'm not sure... But it might be another one of those dark creatures.."
Gem turned to Pearl and give her the dragged as the noise becomes louder.

"Wh-"
"Take this. If it attacks you'll have something to defend yourself."

Pearl looked at the weapon in her hand. She did pack her small trident but she wasn't sure if it would even work.
"Thanks"

They turned to face the darker part of the house where the sniffing sound was coming from.

------

#### and ### were coming back to the secret base in the Crastle.  They shouldn't be walking the streets at night but they had confidence in their new family member the Warden (also as they named him big man Norman)

It started sniffing something.
"What's wrong buddy?"
The Warden make some noises. ### smiled.
"Lead the way!"
#### looked at his lover. His eyes gloved brighter than usual. #### smiled.

"What did he say?"

"Norman said he can smell some people.  They are probably some newcomers."

They came towards quite destroyed house.
"They really here?"

### nodded.
"That's what Norman claims."
### pulled his hood up to look more mysterious.

#### just rolled his eyes and giggled quietly.

-----

Pearl stood looking at the darkness as something blue stated coming towards them. It looked like a fire but ... blue.
She heard Gem tighten the bow and was ready to  shoot at any moment.

Soon a three creatures stood a few meters away from them.
Neither of them noticed the glow that was coming from Pearl's pocket until the compass blow up into thousands of confetti parts.

"What was tha-t.."Pearl looked at Gem  and then at the new commers.
Gem put her bow down. Pearl took a few steps further to look at them. Two people and a creature she could name. One of the two dark dressed people were looking slightly familiar.
The compass disappeared... because -

"Jimmy?" She said,her voice cracked as she started crying.

".. Pearl…." He walked towards her and give her a hug.
"I missed you..." Jimmy said.

"Where were you? We were worried."
Jimmy didn't replied,he looked at the man behind him.

"I'm sorry... Me and Tango got into some trouble and then ... It's a long story. If I knew that would happen I would tell you...I didn't wanted to leave for that long.. and -"
Pearl looked at him through her tears.
"Right now, I'm happy that you're alright."