Day in the Life of Officer Riley

This chapter is probably pointless, and there's no key points in this chapter that follows the drama of the storyline... or is it? To me, it's a filler chapter and I just wanted to write about a scene of a day in the life of Simon as a police officer and some of what he deals with on a daily situation. 

My life is still depressing, so there's nothing new. Just been working like crazy to keep my mind busy. The only thing I have to look forward to is getting my hair done tomorrow.

*

Simon's Point of View:

I sat across the table of a conference room in front of a potential suspect under the influence of alcohol, my leg bouncing up and down rapidly under the table as I was desperately hanging onto whatever patience I had left for this woman. She looked to be in her forties, and her administrator called the non-emergency dispatch with concerns that she was intoxicated while working.

She was a teacher.

A bloody teacher for fifth graders...drinking on the job.

Bloody fucking hell.

And I unfortunately was the only officer close by that took the call.

Well, maybe this could be an easier case to deal with until I found out more information about seeking justice for Eva.

I could tell that my presence made this woman very nervous, and she should be if she was guilty of being intoxicated while working, especially with children. She was an adult and knew better, and I didn't have any sympathy for her if she was guilty.

Though the more I studied her body language, she was either intoxicated or on something heavily.

"Just observing you in class, you seemed a bit...off," Her administrator said, twining his fingers together on the table. "So, I've asked Officer Riley here and visit to make sure everything is okay. Is it possible that you've taken anything that you're not used to? It just seems like you're not the same person I talked to this morning."

"Um, I did take a medication last night to help me sleep...for my anxiety, but nothing this morning."

"You haven't taken anything while you were here at school?"

"No."

"Okay, well before this conversation goes any further, for your employment, I'm going to need you to be truthful with us."

"Sure."

"Would you be willing to take a breathalyzer test for us?"

"Right now?"

First red flag of being guilty. I could smell the alcohol on her already, and I was only sitting across from her.

The administrator nodded at me, and I immediately got up to grab the breathalyzer test that was requested to be brought inside with me. "Have you taken any sort of medication today?" I asked her.

"I did take some medication this morning for my anxiety."

Second red flag. She just told me she took something last night for her anxiety.

"What did you take this morning?"

"Um, I think it's called...um, Quozepin? I-I don't know, I'm not very good with names."

"Did you take it here at school?"

"Y-Yes, I took it this morning."

Third red flag. She just told me she didn't take anything while at school.