Vulnerable

So... just a little update about my personal life I guess. Long story short, he stood me up. He was supposed to come over (we had been talking about it all day) on Wednesday evening after I got home from work. I called him and everything, and he said he was going to shower before coming over, so I then said I was going to go out and get some food for us and pick out a movie. I go to get the food (which was almost $30 for two trays - and don't get me wrong, I know some food is more expensive than that, but if you know what I've been going through financially... Pretty much, I used what was left of $100 I had to last me until payday to buy our dinner), I text him that I'm back home and am so excited to see him again, and I start getting worried that he hasn't been texting me back like he normally does... an hour goes by, then another, then another... I'm sitting there on my couch with my stomach growling because I had been working all day without eating and am about to cave in and start eating something. I go to call him, but the phone rings once then goes to voicemail, but my texts are still going through. 

I end up falling asleep on my couch without a reply. 

I haven't gotten in touch with him since Wednesday evening. No returned call, no returned text, nothing. 

I can't help but think I was stood up, but I also can't help but think that something happened and I'm either at a point to where I keep trying to reach out and see what's wrong or just move on. I've been depressed about this because I was so excited that I possibly found a guy that I could settle with, then this happens. 

I'm also on call this week, and sure enough, at 11 o'clock Wednesday night, I get an emergency call and get back home at 1am. Manage to sleep for an hour, then get called out again only to return home at 6am Thursday. I'm exhausted, upset, depressed, confused, etc. 

Anyway, I figured you guys should know that I failed on finding love yet again, so I'm just going to write about it and just keep dreaming. 

*

 Simon's Point of View:

"'Bout time you two came back, L.T.!—Oh?" Johnny's face fell in confusion when we arrived home, and I didn't blame him considering we all didn't expect to bring back a possible widow and her two children with us. "Who's this?"

"I'll fill you in," I sighed, turning around to make sure Kiera was inside of the house completely before I shut the door behind her and locking it. "I'll call Finley in the morning. They'll stay in the guest room down the hall."

"Okay. I'll go put fresh sheets on the bed for them—"

"Mrs. Riley, you've been more than a blessing for me and my kids. I can put the sheets on and I'll help with anything you'll need."

"O-Okay, well, I'll take you to where I keep the sheets for the bed and then we'll eat."

"Thank you," Charlene nodded. "Both of you."

If I were honest, I didn't want her here because what was going on with her family had no business being in my house. It only compromises us. After I watched the possible threat that was patrolling Hockley's house, I made sure that we weren't followed. My sidearm sat confidently between Kiera and I, and I told her that if something were to go south to use that gun. I just nodded at Charlene's gratitude, letting Kiera be the social butterfly as she was the one who suggested them coming with us for the night anyway.

"I'll get the kids their food," I sighed, leaning down to pick up Evie, who was hiding behind my legs due to her shy nature due to unfamiliar faces. "Come on, love, I brought you home some food."