The Chest

"Operation E Unum Pluribus," Finley sighed. "Out of one, many.

Kiera furrowed her brows, "Should be out of many, one. It's backwards." 

"Think it could be a mistake?" 

"We can't assume that anything is a mistake," Simon added. "It's written intentionally." 

"Well, J.H. is obviously James Hockley. W.B. is a Montana area code. What about the 509 and 702 area codes?" 

"702 is an area code out of Las Vegas," Kiera added. "I think the 509 is Washington state."

"I see. Here's what I don't understand. Johnson's garage and Dutton's file with Ritchenson. Now, we have to find out who Dutton is-"

"Dutton is my maiden name. Nobody in my family had an association with Ritchenson except for my mom, and that's the only connection I could even think of. As far as I know, Steve shouldn't have an alleged file about my mom since they were only dating."

"Could be another reason, but we don't know for sure just yet." 

"Wait a minute. Jenkins was killed by what we presume to be the same people who killed my mom and Grant Johnson. We found this paper in Jenkins' garment bag. Jenkins was trying to buy land right next to our ranch. What if there's an entire file somewhere about all of us?" 

"Good point, love. But how would a said file get--"

"Dennis." 

"Who's Dennis?" Finley asked. 

"My unfortunate brother," She sighed. "I wouldn't put it past him to get involved into something sneaky like this." 

"Well, let's do a search on these phone numbers and see who they belong to. That's our next step." 

"Or we could call them." Simon suggested with a shrug. 

"Or we could do that." Finley nodded. 

"I'll take the mystery number." Kiera said, removing her phone from her pocket. 

"I'll dial the Montana number." 

"Las Vegas," Simon sighed. "Dial with a *67. We don't need our numbers traced." 

"Already ahead of you." 

Simon watched as Kiera and Finley both stepped into opposite directions as they dialed the numbers, phones to their ears as the line rang three times in Simon's ear, the recipient's reply leaving him speechless, "United States Environmental Protection Agency, how may I direct your call?

"S.C. is Shelby Cooper, Economics Professor at Washington State University. According to her voicemail, she's at a conference in Europe. Due back in three days and not checking messages." Kiera explained, sitting on the edge of the table. 

"That's odd, because the number I called was Wesley Boone, who is the head of the economics department at the Montana State University, also at the conference in Europe and not due back for three days," Finley furrowed his brows. "Let me guess, Riley, you called the University of Nevada Las Vegas?" 

"No, Vegas office of the E.P.A." 

"What the hell does any of this have to do with counterfeiting?" Kiera scoffed. 

"What the hell does Hockley's number being your mum's purse have to do with it? Or South America? Or animal feed?!" 

"Okay, you have to give the last one a rest, Simon." Kiera sighed. 

"That was a hell of a lot of animal feed!" He scoffed. "We should jump on the Vegas E.P.A lead A.S.A.P. Federal levels like this can do a lot more damage than college professors."