Chapter 2 - Cafe

-- #3RD PERSON

The Next Morning

"I don't know, he seems a little bit boring." Mike grumbled.

It was now the next day and Mike, Lucas and Dustin were all out at a small cafe near their college talking about their new roomates. They had finished all of their lectures for the day and it was now around six in the afternoon.

"Mine seems cool, she's super pretty aswell." Lucas grinned, taking a small bite of food.

"So does mine, she's really sweet actually. We had a conversation yesterday and she's really funny." Dustin grinned.

"Well you both are lucky. I'm with this guy and he seems super awkward and honestly. . . a little bit weird." Mike grumbled.

"Don't be mean, Mike. You don't even know him yet. You never know, you two might get married one day!" Lucas teased, Mike scowling and giving him a small shove.

"Shut up. I'm not a fucking weirdo." Mike scowled, Lucas and Dustin giggling at his disgust.

"Nah, I'm just teasing you, man." Lucas chuckled, Mike rolling his eyes.

"You know, I think that you and my roomate would get along very well. She's exactly how you've described your old girlfriends." Dustin grinned.

"There's a reason I broke up with them, you know?" Mike frowned.

"No, I know that, but I feel like you two would genuinely work out. She's literally like a female version of you." Dustin told him.

". . .Really?" Mike grinned, now seeming interested.

"Yeah, want me to grab her number tonight? I'm sure she wouldn't mind." Dustin offered, Mike nodding and grinning.

"Yeah, definitely." He grinned.

After a while of them talking a little bit more, Mike decided to head back to his dorm to finish unpacking all of his stuff, and as he walked in he could hear the sound of talking.

"I promise I'm okay, you don't need to worry." A soft voice spoke, a muffled voice speaking after him.

Mike walked over to the door, pausing as he looked in and saw the boy from last night stood there painting, his phone sat on the desk next to him.

"Listen, your brother wants to speak to you aswell so just don't forget to call him please." A woman's voice came from the phone, which Mike assumed was his mother.

"I won't, I've already texted him to tell him that I'm fine." He spoke softly, not even realizing that Mike was stood there listening to him.

"Okay, if you're certain that you're fine then I'll let you go. I love you." She sighed.

"I love you too." He smiled, a gentle laugh escaping his lips as he hung up the phone.

He looked up and saw Mike stood there, jumping slightly as he didn't think he was home.

"I didn't mean to scare you, sorry. I just- I came back and I heard you speaking and I just wanted to say hi." Mike apologized, Will nodding softly and smiling softly at him.

"That's fine, I just didn't expect to see you." Will told him, Mike admiring his voice.

"Do you wanna like, go out to eat or something? Get to know eachother a bit?" Mike offered, now seeming very confident, Will smiling and nodding.

"Yeah, of course. Let me just put this away, I'll be five minutes." He told Mike, who nodded softly and left the room, waiting out in the kitchen for him.

Will walked out within a few minutes, now all cleaned up and ready to go. They left the college and began to walk around the town, making small talk as they walked.

"Where do you wanna go?" Mike asked him.

"I don't really mind. . . I mean, we could go in a cafe or something? There's one there." Will pointed to the cafe Mike was in earlier.

Mike opened his mouth to say something when he saw that Lucas and Dustin were still sat in there.

"Oh, no- no way, I was in there earlier and it was terrible." Mike fake gagged, making Will giggle.

"You pick somewhere then." He giggled, Mike looking around and seeing another small cafe.

"We could go there? It seems nice enough?" He shrugged, Will shrugging and nodding aswell.

The two walked in, sitting down and just ordering a small drink.

"So, tell me about yourself." Mike spoke up.

"Um. . . I like to paint, I wanna be some sort of artist when I'm older, my favorite colour is yellow, I have a twin sister and an older brother, uh. . . That's it. I'm sorry, I'm kinda boring." He sighed.

"It's okay. . ." Mike told him, but Will could almost hear the disappointment in his voice.

"Um, what about- what about you?" He asked, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"I like to play the guitar, I wanna be a musician or just something to do with music when I'm older, I have an older sister and a younger sister, my favourite colour is blue, I have two best friends who go to our college, I like playing lot's of different instruments but mainly the guitar because I'm best at that. Have I said that already? I think I have, it doesn't really matter. I've always wanted to get a cat but my parents would never let me, I'm looking for a girlfriend so if you know anybody then tell them to hit me up! Just joking, but seriously if you do know anybody please tell me." Mike rambled on, Will listening intently as he liked Mike's voice.

"Hey, talking about girlfriends, do you have a girlfriend?" Mike asked, Will pausing and going kind of silent.

"Um, no. . . I've never dated anybody." Will sighed, Mike's eyes widening.

"Seriously? Dude, you're like, really pretty! You're telling me no girl has ever asked you out before?" He asked, Will laughing softly.

"I've been asked out but I've never actually wanted to go out with any of them." Will chuckled.

"Damn, you got high standards?" He asked.

"Um, I guess you could say so?" Will frowned, Mike chuckling and nodding.

"Mm, I get it, you wanna find the person who fits you best." He chuckled.

"Yeah." Will let out a soft laugh.

The two continued to talk for a while, eventually heading back up to their dorm and staying in for the night.

"It was fun talking to you, I'll see you later." Mike smiled.

"Yeah, I'll see you later." Will smiled, walking over to his room and shutting the door.

{Word Count: 1075}