Chapter 7 - Talk

-- #3RDPERSON

As soon as Will opened the door El pulled him into a big hug, Will chuckling softly and hugging her back.

"I'm sorry about earlier!" She frowned, Will smiling softly and shaking his head.

"I wasn't ever mad at you, it's okay." He smiled, letting go of her and taking a small step back.

The two girls walked in, El's eyes lighting up as she saw Mike sat there.

"Mike!" She smiled, walking over to him and sitting down next to him.

Will watched the two talk, noticing how close they seemed to be, a small frown forming on his face. How did they know each other?

"Hey." Mike chuckled, beginning to talk to El, basically ignoring everybody else in the room.

Max walked in and sat down next to Lucas and he introduced Max to Dustin, the three of them beginning to chat as they realized they were all quite similar to each other.

Will stood there uncomfortably, not really knowing what to do. He decided to just walk into the kitchen and grab a glass of water, not seeing anything else to do. As he was filling up a glass Mike walked in, his arm wrapped around El as they both talked to each other happily.

"Will! Oh my god, you know the way I was telling you about my date earlier with Mike? This is Mike! I cannot believe that he's your roommate!" She smiled.

Oh. That's how they know each other.

"Oh, that's- that's great." Will fake smiled, El grinning and nodding.

"I know!" She smiled, obviously very excited.

"I'm- I need to go and do something. . . Uh, you all have fun." Will stammered, quickly leaving the kitchen and going over to his room.

He decided to just continue painting as he didn't wanna have to deal with everybody out there. He sat down and began to look on Pinterest to see if he could get a little bit of inspiration, and as he was scrolling he heard a soft knock on his door. He turned around to see Max stood there, looking slightly guilty.

". . .Hi." Will murmured, looking back down at his phone.

"Can I come in?" Max spoke softly, a small smile forming on her face as she saw what Will had on his desk.

"If you want." Will nodded, still looking down at his phone.

Max sat down on the end of the bed, sighing softly as Will continued to ignore her.

"Can you look at me, please?" She sighed. Will looked up at her and set down his phone, not seeming very impressed.

"I'm sorry about today. I didn't mean to be rude to you, I was just excited. I didn't mean to leave you out, either." She sighed.

". . .It's okay." Will nodded, his voice quiet.

"You wanna talk about anything?" Max asked, Will frowning and looking up at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"Will. I've seen how you look at a certain someone. I'm not stupid, I've known you my entire life. What's going on?" She frowned.

"Nothing is going on." Will told her, now beginning to avoid eye contact with her.

"Will." Max glared at him.

"Fine. I'm a little upset about it, okay? Is that what you wanna hear?" Will scowled, "I didn't think it was him she was talking about. . ." He mumbled.

"You like him?" She spoke quietly.

". . .Yeah." Will murmured, looking down at his hands.

"I'm sorry. . ." She sighed, now feeling even more bad about everything that she had said.

"It's okay. You didn't know." Will spoke quietly, Max sighing and walking over to him and just pulling him into a hug.

"You wanna talk about it?" She repeated.

". . .I don't know." Will sighed, "I do but I also don't. I really don't know." He told her.

"That's fine, you don't have to say anything right now." Max told him, Will smiling up at her greatfully.

The door opened abruptly and Dustin looked in, realizing that they were obviously needing a bit of time to themselves.

"Oh, sorry, El was getting worried about you. Do you need a bit?" He apologized.

"Uh. . ." Max murmured, looking down at Will.

"No, it's okay. We'll be out in a few minutes." Will smiled, Dustin grinning and giving them a small thumbs up before leaving.

"We can talk later, okay?" Will sighed, pulling away from the hug and looking up at her.

"Okay, fine. Now come out and have fun, they're all super sweet. Just ignore Romeo and Juliet out there, they're pretty easy to ignore." Max joked, Will giggling and rolling his eyes.

"You're so stupid, let's go." He chuckled, both of them getting up and leaving the room.

{Word Count: 787}