3

I take the envelope and pull out the contents and I open the letter on top it's hand written by one of them

"Hey baby girl, sorry we can't be there today, we are building a new orphanage in Africa but we wanted you to have this. Everyone in our family receives the same thing when they come of age. We will visit you soon when we return from Africa. Love you Ashley we really really do xxxx"

I read it out loud then put it to the side, opening the next letter. Inside is trust fund information. My eyes nearly fell out of my head, I had to count the zeros, I nearly passed out when I realised it's a billion dollars. Not a million a damn billion. I knew they were billionaires but I had no idea they were this damn rich. Another letter is attached with my name on it, it's a share in the family energy business. I drop the stuff on the table and look through the rest of the stuff. I have a share in the entire moon enterprises, the keys and alarm systems for all the family homes all over the world.

"I don't need all this"

Nan rolls her eyes and shakes her head

"Nobody does but we all get it. You have already probably added $15000 to that from the time you opened it. The money that you make from the shares will be added to your trust fund every month, Arden takes the tax off before he shares it out. Once it's in that account it's yours. Thankfully you don't need to worry about tax or anything because they do it for us. The benefits of having genuses for family"

I pull out my phone and text my family and thank them for everything. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand the compassion they have for family, even those who are not blood related. Most people struggled with grandma lily because she likes things a certain way but I honestly loved her and Drake both. They have always been so kind to me and treated me as their own from the moment I met them.

"Thank you all so much. It's completely over the top and way too much but I appreciate it all. I love you guys"

I feel a tugging at my shirt so I turned to see Carly holding a present that she obviously wrapped herself

"What's this?"

"It's a pwesant fo you from us"

I smile pulling her on my knee and taking it

"We made da wrap paper too"

I grin at her

"It's so pretty will I open it?"

"Yessss"

She squeals so I pull it apart, inside is a little colourful rope bracelet with a small silver plaque in the middle that read sister, she held up her little hand to show me hers

"I got the same one wook"

More tears come to my eyes and I hug her

"You know what, I think this is the best present I've ever gotten. I love it so much"

She hugs me back then I take it out and pull it on and take a picture with it around my wrist beside hers.
She jumps down and runs off to play as I wipe more tears from my eyes

"Damn you cry a lot"

"I know, I'm a wreck"

I answer pops who laughs, Lucy stands up taking my hand

"Come on, let's smoke and let the boys clean up"

She winks and I laugh taking her hand and following her out, we lay side by side on the daybed I rest my head on her shoulder and she holds my hand

"Are you actually ok to go back to Coby mountain? Like really?"

I sigh and shrug

"I'm ok to stay with mark. I'm ok to do online classes. I'm ok with not going back to the school but I'm afraid the pack will never accept me"