9

"I don't know baby, I don't know how or why but I'm going to find out"

I could hear lilly approach us, I turned to look at her face, she gave me a sad smile

"How is she?"

"We found her sleeping on him. We moved her here a while ago. But she's exhausted so Iv made her sleep until she's rested"

She nods, reaching down and touching her head. After a minute she pulls away frowning

"Did you see that?"

"What?"

I answer her

"How he died? Did you watch it?"

I shake my head and touch her shuffling through her memories. Damn she was in some serious pain, she really did love him. When he said he would give it all up for her he really did mean it and so did she. It was such a raw, pure and innocent love, but one that is unbreakable. As I got to the memory I frowned as I watched her watch him. She could see his aura dissolve around him. She tried to wake him but it was like the little boy stole the life from his body. I pull back and look at Nan

"We need to find out if he healed that boy or not"

"You mean my boy?"

Mel asks from the kitchen I nod

"Yes"

"Well he's still wide awake he can't understand what happened and can't sleep so I'll have my husband bring him over"

"Thank you"

She whimpers some more so I check if she needs me to take the nightmare away but as I close my eyes my mind opens and I see the world from her eyes. Everything is so bright and vibrant, everything wore a halo. She twirled in a field full of flowers as Mark stood watching her. The look he gave her was one of complete acceptance and love. But suddenly rain clouds come in and the rain starts to fall so fast his clothes are soaked through in seconds. He laughs coming to her side and kissing her then he takes her hands and he twirls her in the rain and they silently dance in the rain, the only music was There laughs and giggles.

I pull away and wipe the tears from my face, she's still whimpering. It's like she knows that it's a dream and that he's gone and that breaks my heart again. Not even when she sleeps can she have a life with him. A little boy comes running into the house and straight into his mom's arms

"Hey little man, this nice lady wants to check your head ok?"

He shakes his head

"No, because when the nice boy did it he died. I don't want anyone else to die because of me"

Sophie wipes the tears from her face and goes to him

"I promise that this was not because of you. But we need to know why it happened and you're the only one that can tell us. Please?"

He nods, stepping forward and closing his eyes. Nan takes his head in her hands and after a minute she steps back frowning. She walks out of the house so I get up and follow her, resting Ashley's head on the sofa. Scott takes my place playing with her hair. She had a relationship with us all individuals. He was definitely the first to jump in with both feet playing the over protective parent. The one she went to with fashion advice. She went to Jaxon for help, to help train better, help to learn to drive a car, help to organise and clean properly. Then there was me. We talked about everything, everything from Mark to her past. She told me everything and I told her a lot too. We have the same kind of relationship that I have with my parents and I'll always treasure that feeling.

I follow Nan out of the house where she sat on the daybed staring at the water

"What is it?"

"It's like his body was weak before he healed him, that's why it took so long like something was draining his energy. Add healing a very ill boy on top of that and he was so weak he couldn't even recognise that his body had to stop. It doesn't feel right but he is definitely gone."