18

I chuckle at Liam, he was right. The kid was scary.

"Yeah we actually think that's the reason he's so scary, such a tiny person with such a huge aura and damn can he command a room when he wants something"

Toby shivers slightly making me and mark laugh as Noah and Sophie stare at each other

"Doesn't answer his question, why not use our guards"

Toby and Liam look at each other then at mark he sighs and turns to his parents

"Because they can't be trusted with her, only those selected by Carter can be. He has seen the possibilities and he doesn't like the answers so he is trusting these 2 to protect her. She will be followed and guarded 24 hours a day. They will not become pack until we kneel to Carter"

"You're kneeling to Carter?"

Sophie splutters

"We kneel to them both, both Carter and Ella. They will rule side by side so we will bow to them both"

Noah purges his lips

"We will be selecting a few guards to help us, Mark will check their thoughts first then the little king will check their future. When they are selected we will train them and the Luna. We will stay in her apartment"

My eyes widen and I snap my head to Toby who's smiling at me

"He's making you stay in our apartment?"

"No, your father is and I really don't want to die at his hand so please allow this. He said he will check when he arrives and if we are found to be lying he will kill us"

I groan, rubbing my hands down my face. The worst thing is I know he is telling the damn truth, people have died for less.

"Fine, come on we will show you too your rooms"

"Dinner with the family tonight please. no excuses"

Sophie warns, I smile nodding too tired to cook anyway, I stand up and Mark takes my hand leading us out of the room and up the stairs. The guards grab their bags and follow us up. We get to the keypad and mark taps in a few numbers then stand's back.

"Toby, you go first. Scan your hand"

He nods, placing his hand on the machine until it tick then he stands back as Liam does the same. When they are finished we let them in and I show them to the first 2 bedrooms

"We usually cook morning, noon and night but if we don't you can cook for yourselves or get dinner downstairs. They cook every morning noon and night and if you need anything that we don't have you can grab it from there"

"Thank you Princess"

I roll my eyes at them both

"Please stop calling me that, it's Ashley until I'm Luna. Please these people hate me enough I don't want them to have another reason for it"

They side eye each other but nod then Toby puts his finger up

"When the alpha is here it needs to be Luna or Princess"

"Luna, or little Luna will do"

They smile and I leave them to get settled in

"I'm going to my room at the end of the hall I'll let you know if I need to go anywhere"

They nod again so I leave them to it, going to my room and falling back on my bed. Crow jumps up beside me resting his head on my belly.

"Hey boy. You like your new home?"