30

Carter laughs shaking his head

"Your not my subject and you never will be"

He looks around the field

"Everyone brainwashed by him drop each of the royal family members NOW"

His aura pushes out tainted with black washing over everyone. Each person drops our family members

"ALL ROGUES BUT RICK KILL THEMSELVES NOW!"

One after the other the rogues fall to their knees, some stabbing themselves in the jugular, others ripping their own hearts out. Others use their claws to pull their own throats out. Rick watches panicking as one after the other his men fall. Tears brim at his eyes. I'd never seen anything like it, everyone of our people turn watching as they all fall dead at the command of a tiny human standing with his hands behind his back like what he just did was no big deal.

Me/Mark's beast
Can you hear me

Maddox
Mate?

Me
Can you move

Maddox moves closer to me in all his beastly glory. He nods his head but just as I turn around ricks greif somehow broke through the fear and he goes to attack Carter, it all happens in slow motion as mums warning comes back to me,

Me
Kill Rick Maddox do it now

I scream inside my head, it all happened within a split second as Maddox leaps over Carter throwing Rick across the field, I go to move with him and get Carter out of the way but Carter puts his hand up to stop me with wide eyes so I freeze and watch as they start to fight knocking Carter to his ass. Mum and my parents are still frozen, unable to move but I can see they want to get him out of there but they can't. Mark's beast sticks his hand through ricks chest grabbing his beating heart and he rips it from his body with a roar. It lands at Carter's feet. He ignites his hand and sets it on fire as Mark gets up gasping for air. Carter walks to mum removing the fear from her body. She lunges, pulling him against her chest.

"You scared the life of me"

"I know, go take the command off everyone before I let them move"

Mum scrambles to her shaking feet going to each family member. I get up and fall to my knees by Sophie and Noah's bodies. I grab their hearts and push them Inside their bodies as tears flow down my face. They were good people and they didn't deserve to die. They didn't deserve this death. I'm not sure if the death charm can bring someone back after their heart was ripped from their bodies but I am hoping it does. Mum comes to my side holding my head then she pulls back frowning

"You resisted his power"

"I put up a wall in my head"

"Well done"

I nod as she goes to mark, I watch as she gives everyone their choices and opinions back, increasing their loyalty but ultimately putting them back the way they were before Rick stole their consciousness. Mum does the same to Arden as Maddox comes to my side pulling me into his chest. His body shrinks, he wraps his arms around my waist kissing my cheek.

"Come on baby, we can't do anything for them now. We need to tell maddie"

My heart shatters in my chest. Poor maddie, how was she going to cope with this? Where would she go? What would she do?

Ali
She will stay with us

I nod my head in agreement, maddie would stay with us.

"Are you ok?"

I ask him, it's probably a stupid question but what else can I say? 

"Im fine, your alive and that's what matters to us but I don't think that will help maddie"