24

I nod not wanting to get into it with her too. She leaves then and I hear her pull him from the door. I go to her side and kiss her head, taking a sniff of her scent. Damn I'd bathe in a bath of that scent! I'd wear it as a cologne if I could. She smelled amazing.

"So they made it just for her?"

"Yeah, made it so a primordial couldn't save her. Thankfully we had more than one this time. We have one of the prisoners and their phone, they need to call tomorrow night at 9pm and if they don't it means they are dead so we are going to use it to our advantage. Jaxon has gone to kill the rest, he's so angry"

"She really is his little girl, he loves her the same as we love Carly and Carter. Maybe that's stupid because we are similar in age but she is our girl. We all feel it. We adore her and you. You saved her tonight. If you hadn't thought of having us stop the spread while you cut it out she would be dead right now"

I take the seat next to the bed and pull her blanket up a little

"It's not stupid and she feels the same. You took her in and gave her more love in 24 hours than she's ever had before."

"She said that?"

Lucy asks me. Her eyebrow cocked in the air. I give her a reassuring smile

"Yes, she says it all the time. She loves you 3 so much. Damn even I do. Especially since the bullying started and my own parents were so fucking useless"

Her jaw ticks slightly and she nods then chuckles nodding her head faster

"They really were fucking useless, there were so many times that the boys nearly moved her home and I had to convince them she could stay, but then the week later it would be one of them talking me out of it. She's been through so much. First useless neglectful parents, then being taken and everything that happened with that. Then the bullying and the trouble with the pack and now this. I'm scared of how she's going to feel over the scars. I'm tempted to make her love them before she even wakes up"

"She would know straight away and she would be pissed when she finally realises who did it and Ashley's wrath is almost as bad as yours"

I say the last bit grinning at her. Damn she was terrifying, the way she puts Scott and Jaxon in there place was comical and alway will be. She smiles and winks at me

"Someone's got to put all these boys in their place"

Her phone starts to ring then and she frowns, pulling it out and answering it. It's just past 4am. Who the hell would be calling? I hear fay on the line

"I'm so sorry for bothering you but Carter won't settle. He's blaming himself and he's crying his heart out."

She frowns looking to me I shrug

"I'll be up now"

She hangs up and looks to me

"He's blaming himself, will you wake me as soon as she wakes up?"

I nod

"Ofcourse, tell him from me he couldn't have known and it's not on him. That kid has way to many weights on those tiny shoulders"

She smiles sadly then pulls me into a quick hug kissing my forehead before she turns to leave. Always the mother and an amazing one at that. She has changed Ashley's life when she never needed too but she wanted to. She's always been my favourite since I can remember. We always wanted to go to her island because she would bring us camping, teach us to cook, help us to swim and fly kites. Watch the Disney movies and tell us stories. She was a huge part of my life growing up and she's just an amazing person.