20

Jaxon tells him nodding

"Well as you all know we don't really trust anyone here and maddie is too young to take the position so we were thinking of asking Liam and Toby to be our betas"

That got their attention. They stopped eating and looked up frowning. Mum smiles at us.

"I think that's an amazing idea, to have your own kind close by to help sort this place out"

"Yeah, they had amazing ideas for the border and pack so I think they would be useful. Plus Carter trusts them with Ashley and so do I"

They look genuinely surprised but then Liam smiles and looks directly at me

"I'm ok with it but I want to continue to live here with you, I don't like socialising with the savages downstairs And if your food is anything like this I'd rather live here"

I snort and chuckle looking to mark. He smiles

"Yeah that's cool, what do you think Toby?"

"I think I'm ok with it but now that i've seen this place and this pack the princess still needs 24 hour protection"

"Agreed"

My parents, mark and Liam say at the same time. Jaxon swallows a lump off food

"The pack won't like it, are you ready for that?"

Mark shrugs

"I don't care if they do or they don't. They either accept it or leave. I'm not going to be a pushover. Dads to easily swayed and I won't be like that"

Scott smiles squeezing his shoulder

"Looks like the boy has some brains after all"

I chuckle eating more as the boys discuss the border patrol and how to improve on it. I show my parents to their rooms and the kids wake up as jaxon unpacks in the rooms getting them ready for everyone just the way he likes.

We had hours before we had to get ready for the meeting so I decided to take the kids to the playground. Mum and Toby stay with us and the wolves while my fathers, Mark, Liam and Noah go over the border patrol and everything Mark wants to change. As we leave the packhouse and head towards the play park I'm mostly ignored by everyone.

"Are they always like this?"

Mum asks me, I shake my head sadly.

"No normally they say stuff but I think mark scared that out of them yesterday"

She wraps her arms around my shoulders and squeezes them.

"It will work out, look at me. Damn you guys hated me so much and I stuck through it and look at us now"

"I agree. Our Luna rocks. We are so lucky to have her. This pack will say that about you one day"

Toby says behind me. Both mum and me grin at him

"Although you should really learn how to style yourself"

He adds, I flip him the bird and he smirks at me. We take a seat at the park as Carly and Carter run off to play in the jungle gym.

"So is boss baby out much?"

She shrugs

"A little, he's still Carter though he just has way more nolodge. He's like a walking talking encyclopaedia that looks like a toddler"

"Yeah a scary toddler"

Toby adds, making me chuckle.

"I thought guards are meant to be seen and not heard"