22

Mark
Yeah she left us enough bottles for us all. Relax now baby, looks like we are going to have a very long night

We cut the link and I fill Toby in, he relaxes slightly then I smile

"You put on shrek! I love shrek!"

"Ohh me too!"

We join Carter on the couch and relax until the meeting is over and my parents, Mark and Liam arrive back to the apartment.

Carter stands and runs into mum's arms as she grins, swooping him up and hugging him tight.

Not a baby my ass!

His little growl rumbles through his chest as he glares back at me and I nearly choke on my own laugh.

"Would you stop both of you"

Dad says rolling his eyes

"But she keeps—-"

"Ap bap ah"

Dad says pointing at him

"If anything you should keep out of her head"

He answers him by crossing his arms over his chest. Carter's look of disdain makes me bite my lip to stop myself from all out laughing

"It's not my fault her thoughts are so loud! And it's a little difficult when I'm constantly looking for people trying to kill us all"

He yells as his little aura pushes out with his little lip pouting

"Would you put that away before you hurt someone"

Mum pokes his belly tickling him, he squeaks and giggles. The delightful sound bounces off the walls around us making us all grin.

There is nothing nicer than the full hearty giggle of a toddler.

Mark comes to stand in front of me. His frame looms over me. He sniffs the air around me and let's of a little shiver before he opens his eyes making eye contact, he leans down and presses his lips against mine. I push forward and moan. But suddenly he lifts me from my spot on the couch, I squeak in shock as he takes my seat and drops me on his lap straddling him.

He chuckles at my shock kissing me again, his body relaxes and only then do I realise how stressed he actually was as my body moulds against his. I pull back for air and grin at him, he runs his hand down my cheek.

"Hey"

"Hey"

I fall forward and cuddle into his chest and I rest my head in the crook of his neck sniffing him.

"So what is the plan?"

Scott asks mum, she shrugs looking to Carter

"I don't know, but we need to go quietly and quickly, who's going to stay with the kids?"

"Fay, you need to take Arden with you"

Carter tells her, her eyebrows rise in surprise

"You want us to tell him? Anyone else?"

"Baylee and caden, anymore and they will know we are coming"

A knock comes to the door and we all look towards it.

"It's Arden and Fay, Fay had a vision"

I chuckle as dad mumbles something as he opens the door for them, they pile in with a sleeping Ella in there arms

"First door on the right"

I tell her, she gives me a warm smile and carries her down to the kids room. Arden on the other hand looks like he's about to blow.