.3

Blue dragons descend from the extraordinary Gormfaileas line

Blue dragons descend from the extraordinary Gormfaileas line. Known for their formidable size, they are the most ruthless, especially in the case of the rare Blue Daggertail, whose knifelike spikes at the tip of their tail can disembowel an enemy with one flick.

— Colonel Kaori's Field Guide To Dragon-Kind

Chapter Three

| Wrenley's POV |

That idiot is seriously living in denial if he thinks he has a chance of killing me. If anyone is going to kill me, it's going to be the unnaturally hot, Xaden Riorson. I mean it should be illegal to be that attractive.

"Did you really have to attack him?" Violet hisses as I take long strides across the courtyard. Is she serious right now? Has the fact that we're officially enrolled in a war college not sunk into her brain yet?

I pause and Violet rams into my back. "Vi, he's going to keep coming after you, and I stepped in to prevent that. You don't need that disadvantage to weigh you down." My words may be a little more harsh than I wished, but she needed to hear them. Life here won't be rainbows and unicorns.

I look down and notice the slight limp in her knee. "I'll be back in a minute, Liam." I quickly grab Violet's elbow and help her into a sheltered corner. "Vi, you gotta get that knee wrapped up, before someone else notices."

If anyone notices her knee they'll use it against her, and if she gets hurt I'll get blamed and punished and I'm not letting that happen. Survival of the fittest at its finest.

"I know, I know." It's only then that I notice that she has two different boots on. "Vi, where the hell is your other boot?" Oh my gods, this girl is going to be the death of me. Literally.

Violet winces at my harsh tone, and I immediately feel bad, but I have to help keep her alive in any way I can. "I lent it to a friend, she had heeled boots, so I was giving her a better chance."