.22

~

My sword clashed into Bodhi's for about the fiftieth time this morning. Garrick and Imogen were sitting on the sidelines pretending not to be worried, but I knew they were.

I had woken up around two am, Xaden telling me that Wren was attacked and that I couldn't help. That fucking pissed me off. Then, there was what happened the other day when the first year that developed mind-reading abilities broke through my shields and almost told the entire college about how my father sold me to his friends to play with as they pleased.

My sword strikes down on Bodhi's again. I'm pretty sure at this point, he stopped training with me and was just blocking my hits. I'd been at it all morning, which probably isn't the best thing for me, but I need to get rid of all of my stress in some way. I ran for two hours, before grabbing Imogen to get her to train with me, then Garrick, and now Bodhi.

None of them have told me to stop, they know I need this. I'm about to strike down on Bodhi's sword again when shadows wrap around my sword, stopping me. My hands loosen their grip and the shadows pull my sword from my hands.

I take a breath and sit down on the training mat, pulling my knees to my chest, trying to settle down.

I can hear the group talking and I listen to them, but don't chime in, not having enough energy to.

"How long has she been at it?" Xaden asks.

"Since two this morning," Garrick responds softly.

I hear Xaden swear under his breath.

Then, I hear footsteps moving towards me. He crouches in front of me and lifts my head up from my knees. "Eve," he mutters softly.

I hum noncommittally.

He sighs, before picking me up and carrying me to my dorm, apparently not caring about the glances he received because of it. When we get to my dorm he sets me on my desk, not letting go until he makes sure I'm balanced.