.16

*Trigger Warnings*

*Trigger Warnings*

{This chapter contains topics of ABUSE. If you are uncomfortable with this please skip over this chapter. If you want to just read around it, there will be a warning before the scene, and a note on where it ends. You have been warned. Please keep in mind that I do not take the topic lightly, if you need to talk to someone I am always here <3}

Though this officer considers himself to be an expert on all matters dragonkind, there is a great deal we don't know about the way dragons govern themselves. There is a clear hierarchy among the most powerful, and deference is paid to elders, but I have not been able to discern how it is they make laws for themselves or at what point a dragon decided to bond only one rider, rather than go for better odds with two.

—Colonel Kaori's Field Guide to Dragonkind 

Chapter Sixteen

| Wrenley's POV |

"Absolutely not!" one general shouts loud enough that I can hear her all the way from the tree branch I'm currently sitting in. Violet headed over to the medical tent to get her knee checked, leaving me to wander around. And I then found myself in a tree. Don't question it. Just deal with it.

I tuck my knees into my chest, leaning back against the trunk, closing my eyes. My gods, I have not one, but two dragons.

The generals have been fucking screaming at each other for the last half hour giving me a headache. They seriously think that yelling is the most efficient way of communication and they need to knock it off. There's a small chill in the air, making a shiver run through my whole body. I swear, I'm so freaking tired of being cold all of the time.

I glance over at the exam table Violet is sitting on and see Jack sitting at the one across from her. Fucking hell. I groan, shutting my eyes once more, before jumping down from the tree and heading over to her.