Chapter 9

Day Six:

Lucy, Angela, Nyla, Genny and Tamara were around the village, all hanging out. 

That night, everyone went on the hunt. Of course, Tim and Lucy went out as a pair. The plan was set and they were running to their positions. While sneaking up, they all heard rustling and sounds that were made by weapons. The wolves were ready to fight.

The hunters had the alpha in sight. "There, he's the alpha. Let's get him." A hunter whispers. They lined him up and fired the weapon. Lucy saw the hunters fire at Tim, without thinking she pushed Tim and jumped up to catch the bullet. She yelped as the bullet hit her and fell to the ground quickly, the hunters fled quickly. Tim went over to Lucy and transformed into his human self, Lucy also transformed back painfully.

"Lucy, why did you do that?" "I'm not letting the alpha get hurt, I rather take the bullet for you." Lucy did it to protect her mate she can't have. Tim called out to the other to come over, he applied pressure to the wound. Lucy's eyes started to become heavy. "Lucy stay with me." Tim begged, he got the feeling of pain wash over him and Lucy could tell. "Tim ... I ... have something I ... need to say." "What Luce? You can tell me anything." "I made ... my decision ... I'm ... staying with the ... pack." Tim was happy she was staying. "Ok Luce, just stay with me." Lucy was awake for a couple of seconds before her eyes shut. "Lucy!" Tim tried waking her but she didn't, a tear was falling down his face. The others arrived to see the sight and they were taken back by it. "Tim, what happened?" Angela asked as she approached him. "Hunters .... The hunters lined me up to shoot me but Lucy pushed me out of the way to take the bullet for me. She even told me she was staying with the pack before her eyes closed." Angela comforted him while Wesley was packing her up for transport to the village. 

"Tim, there's something you should know." Angela started. "What Angela?" She took a deep breathe, "Lucy has been stressed for a while because she knows her mate." Tim looks at Angela to continue. "You are her mate, Tim. She is your mate. She doesn't think she's good enough to be your mate. That's why she acts the way she does around you, because she doesn't feel like you would want someone like her." Tim was shocked. "Lucy is my mate?" Angela and Nyla nods. "Let's get her back now. I want to talk when this is over." The pack worked quickly to get Lucy to the village, they arrive at the medical centre.

"Zoe!" Nyla called out. Zoe came out and directed them to a room. She immediately got to work while the others are in the waiting room. Tim was feeling all the emotions and he could feel the pain Lucy was in. Wade and Luna came running in. "What happened?" Wade asked. Tim got up walking over, he stumbles a bit. "Woah, easy Tim. What happened?" Luna asked. "I'm so sorry. We were out on the hunt, there were hunters which went to shoot me but Lucy pushed my out of the way and she took the bullet. I'm sorry." A tear escape Tim's eye, Luna comforted him. "It's okay Tim, we understand. It's not your fault, but there's something else. Why did you stumble?" Tim looked at the ground. "Lucy's is my mate and I'm hers. I stumbled as I can feel her pain from where she got shot." "Tim, sit down." He sits. "You found your mate, but why did she jump in front of you." Angela pipes up to answer, "she doesn't feel she's good enough for Tim and doesn't believe he'll want her." "Wade, Luna, I want to explore this and I'll make sure to take care of her so she doesn't get hurt again." Luna puts a hand on Tim's shoulder, "Lucy did it to protect you, because you're the alpha. But we all know she can handle herself, she was just being protective of the alpha and her mate."

Tim asked Wesley to be in charge while he was with Lucy, which Wesley accepted. After a few hours, Zoe came out. "She's going to be fine just needs to heal. She should wake any minute, anyone want to stay with her." Everyone looked around. "Tim go be with her." Luna and Wade both insisted. Tim went down with the help of Angela to Lucy's room, when Tim was there Angela left again. Tim kissed her forehead, he took ahold of her hand and sat beside her. A few minutes later Lucy stirred, she opened her eyes and sure Tim sitting next to her bed. "Hey Luce, how you feeling?" Tim asked not letting go of her hand. "Hi, I'm good a bit sore." She could see the concern in Tim's eye. "They told you didn't they?" "Why were you scared to tell me?" Lucy looks away. "Hey, you can talk to me." He squeezes her hand. "I'm not good enough for you, you alpha and I'm a nobody, I don't deserve to be your mate." "Luce, you're amazing. I don't believe that's true, I've changed so much since you arrived. I can feel all your emotions and even when you're in pain." Lucy looks at him. "You can feel everything?" He nods. "Luce, I care about you. I want to explore this with you, if you're okay with it." "Before you decide, there is something I need to show you." "Okay, when you're ready." Lucy moved to expose a part of her hip, showing Tim the numbers.