Chapter 26

The next morning, Lucy woke up but didn't move. She was ashamed, scared and didn't know what she was going to do. She was preparing herself to be backless once again, knowing that her pup will not know their father. Lucy loves Tim and their girls so much and it's going to break her heart when she has to leave. Meanwhile, Tim woke up after a sleepless night as the girls wouldn't settle down so they slept with Tim. He got up and dressed when there was a knock at the door. "Hey, rough night?" Angela asked as her, Wesley, Wade and Nyla entered the house. "Yeah, the girls wouldn't settle when finding out about Lucy." "I'm so sorry son." Tim nods at Wade. "I'm planning on gathering the pack today to see if we can get extra paws on finding her."

Angela and Nyla took a girl each holding them close. The pack gathers in the village centre and Tim stood at the front with the others. "Thank you all for coming, yesterday our luna Lucy ran after some news was revealed. We haven't seen or heard from her since, and we are concerned for her health and safety. You don't need to help but, if you could help us look for her it would be greatly appreciated." There was a moment of silence and Tim looks at the others, they knew that the wolves weren't going to agree especially with Lucy's secret. 

The wolves all talk amongst themselves when a wolf stands up, "everyone here has been affected by Lucy in their lives. She's has had such a positive influence on us, helping the young and always caring for others." The wolf pauses and looks around. "We will help you look for her and won't stop until we find her." Tim was shocked by the support of the pack, "okay, that you everyone. Let's go find her." Everyone transforms, howling and then splitting up. Wolves with kids, also went out looking.

Tim was worried for his love, after everything they have been through so far, he can't lose her now. Lucy could feel Tim being worried for her, part of her wants to go home but she was so worried what he would do. Lucy couldn't bring herself to transform back to human as it hurts too much, her 'mother' once again destroyed her life. Lucy went out to get more food and then went back to the cave. There wasn't much for her to do but lay around or sleep.

The pack started looking on the opposite side of the village to where the cave was. The day goes on and the wolves don't give up, Tim is with Angela and Nyla who all transform to human. "I don't know if we are going to find her, she's smart and knows how to disappear without a trace." "Tim, you can't think like that. We will find her, she wouldn't have gone too far." It became night, the pack went on a hunt to feed and then went home for the night.

The morning rolls around and the wolves are at it again, this time they are searching the opposite side where the cave is located. Tim still had hope that they would find her, looking around they went past the cave. Tim, Angela, Nyla and Wesley all stop to transform. "What is it Tim?" Wesley asked the question the others were wondering. "This is the cave I took Lucy to a while ago. I know she has come here a few times since." "We'll go have a look Tim." Nyla reassured him. 

They all transform then slowly walked into the cave, Lucy could hear noise and was getting herself ready to attack. The deeper the wolves got, the more on edge Lucy was as she didn't know how many wolves were there. The wolves and Lucy were in the same area of the cat, but due to the poor lighting, she snuck up on them and the others were on edge as they felt like they were being watched. Wesley turns to find a wolf behind them and moves back, that got the others attention to turn around.

As Tim turned around, he was ....