Chapter 20

The girls spent an hour working on the schedule for their plan. "Perfect, thank you so much for this Genny. This should help the orphans out so much." "Not a problem Lucy, anything to help the young wolves." They hug and they girls walk outside. "Why don't we go to the lake with Kate?" "Love that idea, hey Kate wanna go to a quiet place?" She nods. The girls run to the lake and transform back to their human form. 

"Place, pretty." "Yeah it is Kate." Lucy heard something in the bush, "can you watch her quickly?" The girls looked worried but nodded. Lucy transforms and disappears into the bushes, five minutes past and Kate was looking around. She was upset and scared. "Kate, you're okay? What's wrong?" "L-Lucy?" The girls moved closer to her, "Kate she'll be back. We know she will, we're here for you." 

Another five minutes past, Nyla and Angela heard rustling behind them. Turning around to see a wolf dragging a hunt out of the bushes. The wolf turns around and barks at the three in front of her, then transforms back into human. "Hey Kate, you might want to turn around." Angela says, Kate is a little confused but turns around to find the one person she was looking for. "LUCY!" She got up and ran as fast as her little feet could over to Lucy, which Lucy crouched down and then hugged her. "I got us lunch." Angela and Nyla moved to the feed and dug in. "I eat?" "Of course you can sweetie." Lucy and Kate moved to the feed and ate as well.

Later on the girls were sitting around in their human form while Kate was curled up to Lucy in her wolf form sound asleep. "You know Kate adores you, when you went to get the feed she panicked." "Yeah, it's so sad about her life. She reminds me of me when I was young." "You know, we'll more than likely be called back to the school again tomorrow for the same thing." Lucy thought about it. "I know, she really needs a family to help her out." It was time to take Kate but for the end of school.

"Kate, we'll see you around. Be safe and have fun." The see you later wasn't smooth at all, Kate was nervous, worried and scared but agreed. Lucy picked Artemis up and took her home. "It was nice of you to be there for Kate." "Thanks, she's like my best friend already and I just want to see her happy. She told me a story about her parents." Lucy was curious, "what did she say?" 

"She was hidden one day when she was one year old, she saw her parents killed in front of her and then these two kind wolves helped her out." Lucy hugged Artemis tighter, they walk in the door to find Tim in the kitchen cooking. "There's my girls, how was your day?" "Daddy it was good, mummy had to come to school to help my best friend." "Is that so?" Lucy moved closer to Tim, "yeah I did. Angela, Nyla and myself took her out to calm her for a little bit. I also spoke with Genny." Artemis had left the room to play with her toys. "That's nice of you .... wait you spoke with my sister?" Lucy looked down, "yeah I did. I'm so sorry." Tim lifted her chin. "It's okay baby, what did you talk about?"

"Me and the girls spoke about the orphans and how we could support them. Genny helped me out with self control when I first came here, so I asked if she was happy to help the orphans outside of school. I'm sorry I should've come to you about this as your the alpha a-" Tim cut her off before she could continue. "Baby breathe. I'm not mad at all, you were helping the young wolves that aren't as privileged as some other wolves their age. It's a wonderful idea, I know Genny is going to love do it." Lucy smiles at him and they exchange a kiss.

"Dinner!" Tim calls out to Artemis. They eat dinner while Artemis shares more about her day. "Mummy, daddy, do you think that I could have Kate over for a sleepover?" "Ari, I think that's a wonderful idea we can do it on Saturday." Artemis got up and hugged her father, "thank you daddy." He hugs back. They were playing all together when there was a knock at the door.

Tim went to answer the door. "Ang, Nyla what brings you here so late?" "Can we talk to Lucy?" Lucy her them talking and approached the door. "What's going on?" "Lucy we need to go now it's ...."