Chapter 16

"Rise and Shine darlin."

I groaned and nuzzled my head into the crook of Arthur's neck. "No." I grumbled and he chuckled.

"I'm gonna grab some coffee I'll be back." He gently got up so as not to shake me off too much and my failed attempts to pull him back down and cuddle with me forever only amused him. He put on his trousers with no shirt and left the tent. I smiled remembering last night and had a good stretch.

"Damn Morgan, get attacked by a wild cat? Now we're matching!" I could hear a very amused John laugh loudly.

My eyes widened remembering how I had scratched Arthur's back last night and I groaned in embarrassment, now I really didn't want to leave the tent.

"Agh I should've let the wolves have you." Arthur replied and I could just hear John laughing.

A few minutes later, Arthur walked back into the tent with his cup of hot coffee. "Damn Marston." He grumbled and put a red shirt on.

I laughed a little. "Sorry I forgot too."

"Don't be, we had fun." He smirked. "Lenny wants me to check out this place with him today, I don't know where but he says there's a lot of guns to sell. I'll be back in a few hours alright?"

Arthur had been letting me know where we had going and how long he would be a lot lately. We always told each other because it was more safe. He was always back when he said he would be and so was I so that if something happened and one of us didn't return then we knew something was wrong. "Okay be safe." I smiled and kissed him.

"Always am." He smiled and kissed my forehead before going out to find Lenny.

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。.

"Have fun last night?"

As soon as I left my tent, dressed in some jeans and a white shirt, I saw Sadie grinning over at me from where she was sat at the camp fire. Karen was sat next to her and Sean was sat opposite smoking a cigarette and John was beside him.

"Shut up." I laughed and sat next to her.

"You didn't." Bill grumbled from his sleeping mat and I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"Don't worry y/n it can be disappointing sometimes." Karen told me giving Sean a pointed look.

I raised an eyebrow, picking up on her subtle remark. "Oh it wasn't." I replied and I couldn't help but smirk a little.

"Anyway! I heard the general store down in Strawberry has a secret business in the basement we should go check it out." Sadie said while munching on a chocolate bar.

I nodded. "Sure. He can't exactly call the law or he'll be ratting on himself too." It was a good plan, no room for failure.

"Like two women are gonna scare anyone." Micah scoffed as he walked past.

"Micah don't make me give you a reason to be scared of me." Sadie snapped.

"I don't know y/n's got some claws on her." John grinned and Sadie laughed.

"I don't know what you mean." I said simply and Sadie laughed.

"Okay, wildcat." John smirked and went to check on Jack.

"That name better not stick." I huffed.

Sadie shrugged. "There are worse things to be called, let's go."

.・✫・゜・。..・✫・゜・。.

Strawberry was one of the prettier towns, I adored the surrounding fields full of tall purple flowers and the ancient evergreen trees. The climate was not as hot and dry and where we were currently staying in Scarlet Meadows which made the streets of the small town muddy like Valentine. However, I found the cabin-like buildings and archways leading into the town rather charming.