8

It had been a day since me and Adam had been married

It had been a day since me and Adam had been married. He was being nice to me, yet he was being distant. On the wedding night, he slept on the couch in his room and when I tried to get him to sleep on the bed, he full on denied it. I married him to heal him and help him, and that's what I'm going to do.

 It was 6 o'clock and it was time for Adam to come back from work and as I was off work for a week I was going to make him something to eat but he had told me not to wait for him to eat because he could do it himself. 

I sat on the edge of the bed, trying to think of anything I could do to help Adam. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was already 6:30pm and he wasn't here. Getting anxious, I went downstairs and waited in the living room. 

 "Do you need anything ma'am?" asked the maid.

 "No, I'm just waiting for Adam." I said , wringing my hands.

 "Oh, normally Adam sir, comes home quick. Something must have happened, that's why he came home late." she said, giving me a worried look.

 "What? Something happened?" I asked, shock in my voice.

 "Oh, I didn't mean to scare you ma'am, but there is an issue with another company, I think sir is just sorting that out." she said, trying to reassure me.

Just as I was impatiently waiting, Adam and his dad walked in. I looked at Adam, but he didn't even register that I was there. He walked up the stairs. Mr Aziz met my gaze.

 "Go after him. I'm afraid that he'll loose his control." he said as I went up after Adam.

I walked into the room to see Adam pacing the room, loosening his tie and undoing his top buttons. Damn, he looked so hot. 

He looked at me before sitting on the bed and putting his head in his hands. "Are you okay?" I asked him but he didn't respond to me. "Are you okay?" I asked, walking up to him.

"Just come here." he said and that was enough to make me walk to him.

He gripped my wrist, tight but not tight enough to bruise, before pulling me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, his grip strong. I could feel how tense his muscles were, I could feel how tense he was, something was stressing him out.

 "What happened?" I whispered, placing my arms around his neck.

 "I need you." he replied, hugging me tighter as butterflies entered my stomach and I blushed.

I don't know how much time passed but we sat there. His arms securing me, making me feel safe.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, there was a knock on the door. "Sir, your dad wants to talk to you." a maid said.

Adam sighed and then moved away from me. "Do you feel better now?" I asked him, looking earnestly in his eyes.

 "Mhm, thank you so much princess." he said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.