20

(chp 20 and 21 will be posted together in honour of 100+ reads, thank you so much.) 

I got up, groaning

I got up, groaning. My back ached from sleeping on the my office couch, but what could I do? I had so much work that I hadn't done. 

Ignoring the pains in my body, I got up and walked towards my desk, before sitting on my chair and looking through my messages.

I clicked onto the contact which evoked so much regret inside me - Kyra. There were no new messages from her, to my disappointment. 

That day in the shopping mall, when I saw her and our daughter Ayra, my heart had began beating unusually. I can't believe that she was my daughter. Actually, who was I kidding? Everything about her, her eyes, her attitude, and her arrogance was all from me. 

Interrupting me from my thoughts, my phone rang. I looked at the caller, my heart jumping, thinking it was Kyra, but it was Zayd.

I picked up the call. "What's up?" I asked, disappointed.

 "Listen, has Kyra messaged you with her address?" he asked me, urgently.

 "No, why?" I asked, confused.

 "Because I want to go and see them." Zayd said.

 "Wait, what? You wanna go and see them? You've never been that eager to see anyone, and all of a sudden you wanna go and see Kyra?" I asked him.

 "Oh please. Don't be jealous. Kyra and me get along really well okay? It's just that, it's going to be Ayra's birthday party, so I thought she would have told you?" he said.

What? Ayra's birthday party? And I didn't even know. "I'll ring her, don't worry." I said and ended the call.

I immediately dialled Kyra's number. She answered on the second ring, her melodious voice filling my ears. "Hello?"

 "It's me Adam." I said awkwardly.

 "Yeah, I know. What do you want?" she asked me.

Jeez, why was she being so cold and rude to me? Taking a deep breath, I said, "You didn't tell me it was Ayra's birthday party."

 "Oh, yeah. About that, Ayra REALLY wants you I come to her party, so can you come, only for her?" she asked me.

 "Of course, anything for Ayra." I said, and the line was silent for a couple of minutes.

 "Um... Okay...see you then..." Kyra said.

 "Wait. Text me the address, okay? I'll be around there at 6?" I asked her, before she cut of the call.

 "Okay." Kyra said, and ended the call. " Bye. " 

I inhaled, and then exhaled. Why was talking to her feeling like such a huge job?